News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Ghost Updaters

Started by Latios212, February 18, 2019, 06:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Introducing a new role: Ghost Updaters!

No, I didn't kill them. Recently a couple of staff members have messaged me that their lives have gotten too busy as of late to really keep up with the site as much as they've wanted to. We've made the decision to assign the Ghost Updater role to Bespinben, JDMEK5, and InsigTurtle. Unlike other staff members who have stepped down from their staff responsibilities with the status of Staff Emeritus, these role changes reflect not a lack of desire to do further work on the site, but a lack of time to commit. All three have made clear their desire to continue contributing despite current conditions. So moving forward, staff members with this role are still free to perform staff duties when their schedules allow, but you may not see them around very much. This role was created to better clarify that expectation to everyone. (It also comes with a cool new badge.)

Periodically we'll review our staff and make role changes as appropriate to reflect our current status. Please join me in thanking our wonderful updating staff for their past and continued service!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BlackDragonSlayer

i ain't afraid of no ghosts
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I ain't afraid of no bed.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Splatoon Inkling

And, I ain't afraid of no dead!

cashwarrior1

I originally thought this meant that people will anonymously add sheets to the website without us knowing. I don't know why I thought that, but I did.

Splatoon Inkling

At one point I never even knew how these sheets got on the main site.

The Deku Trombonist

Why, the sheets just walk on in by themselves!!

Dudeman

That's it, Deku wins, everyone go home
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Splatoon Inkling

The fight isn't over!

wait, what are we fighting about?

JDMEK5

Looks wonderful; thanks fellas. I want to just briefly add that the only reason I for one thought this was a reasonable course of action (in contrast to outright resignation) is that we have already functioned as updaters and intermittent as it may be, our involvement of any level would (in theory) only be beneficial for everyone, much less a detriment. So the purpose is to clear things up, but I'd like to thank you all for your good faith that despite not being around enough to justify the full updater status and the weight that goes with it, we are still willing and capable of helping insofar as we are able as updaters. Hence, ghost updaters.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Splatoon Inkling

I like your new badge! :)

JDMEK5

O thank ye! As do I tbh; i liek the purpleynessityesque of it
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Splatoon Inkling

LeviR.star

I'll bet the other updaters are jealous that they don't get a cool-looking badge like that. ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements