Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Final Destination
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: FiveNineSquared

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

FiveNineSquared

Ohhh boy

I use Finale Notepad so formatting errors are everywhere (though i'd like to highlight the gliss. that doesn't play back at m79 and the cliiping of the copyright text on page 1).
Feel free to fix them if you can!

InsigTurtle

Gonna just do some quick checkins here before I make any edits:

- sounds like a Bb in the lowermost voice of m.2 beat 3, moves down to an A on m.3
- m.8 beat 3: i'm thinking the voice that goes "C D B C" is more important here, maybe take another listen?
- m.10 i'm hearing beat 2 as an A, followed by E, C#, Bb (without the eighth rest)
- m.11 sounds like there should be a D in the chord somewhere, doesn't look like it has that dissonance as is. likewise, try to fill out the m.12 chord a bit more to capture that feel? i hear the eighths on beat 3. of m.12 spelling out a quartal chord as well (going something like A D G C?)
-m.21-28 i don't think it should be too difficult if the LH also holds down the pinky and plays the D C Bb A bass as well, so consider adding that in?
- m.29: i'm thinking, we can either switch to a different pedal marking since this is a bit messy, or we could do the pedal for like 2 measures, then write "ped. simile", and then write out the pedal markings again when the pattern changes
- m.39 sounds like the bass should be D#, not D
-m.49 hearing those ascending 16ths as G A B C#
-m.60 beat 2.5: hearing it as 2 16ths, going D C#. m.60 beat 2.5 going E A
-m.79 i think you're getting that problem since you're not using the wavy glissando? could be wrong tho
-m.90 beat 3: you didn't add a natural to the E in the treble :(
-m.92-95 hearing the bass ascend like Db - D - Eb - E - F - Gb - G... the next note i can't hear too well, though, but i *suspect* it's a C

lotsa stuff to check and do, this wasn't a thorough checking tho

FiveNineSquared

Oh crap. Sorry, I forgot to turn on notifs for this thread so I haven't read this in a few days!

I tried to account for most of what you proposed, except:
- in m10, I don't agree with you; for me, I don't hear the A E C# Bb voice. Also, Lifelight's melody at this portion ("They fan the flames"/"...we finally find a way") goes D C# C# E, so it's more likely that this is the more important compared to A E C# Bb (if it's there)
- for m29, i removed a few of the pedal markings and wrote "ped. simile", though it's still pretty cluttered. I don't want to use different pedal markings because of consistency.
- m79: I can't insert glissandos in Notepad :/ When I import the xml, it defaults to the straight line. In reality, it only doesn't play back on the score but on the midi export, it does. Huh.

Adding to that I also did some minor edits here and there.

Static

I fixed up the formatting/spacing for you, as well as made any changes Insig suggested that you couldn't do in Notepad, so here's the new file

Other things I fixed/for you to consider:
  • Instead of writing "melody" where the melody is, maybe just put a dynamic one level higher for whichever hand is playing. If the melody switches hands, you can use a dotted line to indicate this. I don't think Notepad can do this, so I can add it if you want me to. Alternatively, you could just leave all of this out entirely, since I feel like it's not too hard to tell where the melodic lines are.
  • I would probably use lines to indicate the pedal markings, which I think is easier to read if there's a lot of specific pedal notation. Or, you could leave the pedaling up to the performer and hide them all. The way it is currently is pretty cluttered.
  • m50 RH beat 1: This would be better flipped downward with the slur above.
  • Page 3: There's a lot of misplaced accents here, so I moved them all.

Here's the new files if you want to take a look before editing the sub with them.

FiveNineSquared

Thanks, Static, for the tweaks!

Ok so after a bit of thinking I decided to go with the route of less clutter, so I removed all pedal markings (save two general "no pedal" and "pedal"s) and the melody indication. I'm not sure if you can fit the dotted lines comfortably in between everything, but I also think it's fine without them.

Latios212

Looks awesome! Measures 29-31 should have triplets in the melody, updated that for you. Aside from that, just helped clean up some articulations and dynamics in places. Most importantly the cresc/dim's shouldn't end directly on the barline (end them before instead). Mostly the rest is just making sure things don't overlap as things might have gotten shuffled around a bit on file conversion.

Approved!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Looked this over again after Latios went though it, everything checks out. This sheet is now accepted.

Zeta