News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

What was the first video game song you learned to play in the piano?

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 24, 2019, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

mikey

the thing with ben's arrangements is he also took a lot of artistic liberties to make them flashy, so they weren't necessarily faithful either :p

my first was playing the legendary hero by ear
unmotivated

Splatoon Inkling

For me I would try a bunch of really difficult ones, and it was to difficult at the time so I would give up on that, and try another. Then I thought world 3 map from Mario Galaxy 2 would be good because it didn't look horribly difficult so I went ahead, and did that one.

Bobbythekid21

333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

mikey

imagine your age such that SMG2 could be in the running for "first video game song you learned to play"
the fact that people younger than me exist is baffling and I understand how geezers feel
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

innit

braix

It was probably mary had a little lamb or something stupid like that
When it comes to VGM though, the first song I learned all the way through was N's Farewell
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

unmotivated

GaryOak

My keyboard had a floppy disk drive and I remember playing with a lot of video game music midis with it. That's my earliest memory of doing something with vgm but pretty sure I didn't learn anything so that probably doesn't count. One of the first ones I actually played was the Credits theme from Sonic 1.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

gunthi

SlowPokemon

Quote from: GaryOak on March 18, 2019, 10:05:03 AMMy keyboard had a floppy disk drive and I remember playing with a lot of video game music midis with it. That's my earliest memory of doing something with vgm but pretty sure I didn't learn anything so that probably doesn't count. One of the first ones I actually played was the Credits theme from Sonic 1.

Hey there! It's been so long!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 03, 2019, 09:35:26 PMHey there! It's been so long!

Hi! Started playing Pokémon Sapphire and it reminded me of the forums. I never played 3rd or 4th gen and finally decided to fix that lol. It's interesting to see how those games feel now, so far really liking gen 3.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

rabidgoodra27

I think it was either the theme from Super Mario Bros, or the title theme from Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Yellow.
My Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/its-me-again-margaret

SlimyWyvern

I used to go on a website called herbalcell.com to get all my sheet music. The first piece from there that I learned was "Medli's Prayer" from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Winter

Quote from: Maelstrom on March 12, 2019, 03:10:01 PMSong of Storms from OoT

Same!

In High School I saw a guy playing Song of Storms on the piano and it immediately occurred to me that I must learn how to do that. So I learned to play piano shortly after XD