Pokémon Sword and Shield

Started by Bobbythekid21, February 27, 2019, 10:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbythekid21

I'm excited for a real Pokémon game after GO and Let's Go.
A friend of mine sent me this:
Spoiler
[close]
Btw I updated my poll.
333,331 is a prime number.
Spoiler
Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 24, 2019, 01:03:24 PM
Well, I'll just stick around for now and be helpful.
I'm gonna hold myself to it by constantly reminding myself of it.
[close]

cashwarrior1

Honestly, I feel like a lot of people are going to be heavily criticizing this game because it's not what they wanted from a pokemon game, but me, this looks amazing! I was blown away at the graphics, because it looks like an actual freaking RPG for once. And that main theme! I feel like the main theme has really captured what this game is probably going to be, a classic pokemon journey with modern touches. I love how they incorporated the hall of fame music into the series theme, it makes me feel ready to experience pokemon again!

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on February 27, 2019, 03:43:41 PMHonestly, I feel like a lot of people are going to be heavily criticizing this game because it's not what they wanted from a pokemon game, but me, this looks amazing! I was blown away at the graphics, because it looks like an actual freaking RPG for once. And that main theme! I feel like the main theme has really captured what this game is probably going to be, a classic pokemon journey with modern touches. I love how they incorporated the hall of fame music into the series theme, it makes me feel ready to experience pokemon again!
What he said.
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

These pokèmon games actually look pretty good even though I've never played any pokèmon game before. Does smash ultimate count? lol

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on February 27, 2019, 04:23:38 PMThese pokèmon games actually look pretty good even though I've never played any pokèmon game before. Does smash ultimate count? lol
No, it doesn't. I've played Pearl, Platinum, Black, and Y.
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: Bobbythekid21 on February 27, 2019, 04:32:18 PMNo, it doesn't. I've played Pearl, Platinum, Black, and Y.
Are they any good?

Dekkadeci

Took a look at the starters, and I'm already making this bold prediction:
The final evolution stage in Scorbunny (the fire starter)'s line will be a Fire/Fighting-type. Yet again.

The bandages on Scorbunny's nose bridge and feet are already evidence that this guy trains hard. Sports players (e.g. Passimian) have been Fighting-types so far, and I don't think Scorbunny the sports player will break that trend.

Dudeman

Quote from: Dekkadeci on February 27, 2019, 04:44:42 PMTook a look at the starters, and I'm already making this bold prediction:
The final evolution stage in Scorbunny (the fire starter)'s line will be a Fire/Fighting-type. Yet again.

The bandages on Scorbunny's nose bridge and feet are already evidence that this guy trains hard. Sports players (e.g. Passimian) have been Fighting-types so far, and I don't think Scorbunny the sports player will break that trend.
Hey, we got a wrestler cat last generation, which is, like, the de facto fighting sport, and it wasn't a Fighting type. I think Game Freak is well aware of the meme status of Fire/Fighting starters and they'll find a way to surprise us. I think the evolution line will take a twist in the concept somewhere and it won't become just a straight-up sports bunny.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: Dudeman on February 27, 2019, 04:47:30 PMHey, we got a wrestler cat last generation, which is, like, the de facto fighting sport, and it wasn't a Fighting type. I think Game Freak is well aware of the meme status of Fire/Fighting starters and they'll find a way to surprise us. I think the evolution line will take a twist in the concept somewhere and it won't become just a straight-up sports bunny.
TBH I don't know anything about Sun and Moon. I stopped both the TCG and the video games right before Sun and Moon came out. So if the Sun and Moon expansion for Pokemon GO ever comes out I will be very lost. Pun-intended.
Edit: Note that I do understand the whole alohlan thing (its like the delta species from the TCG but it doesn't suck) but beyond that I know nothing.
Spoiler
[close]

SlowPokemon

Change the thread title to say Pokémon, it's bothering me

This is the first time in history I'm not picking Grass.

Pokémon Let's Go almost singlehandedly destroyed my interest in Pokémon—seriously the worst use of my money in a long time, and the first Pokémon game ever that I couldn't force through. This one looks better. Hopefully they'll let me use my pro controller (or at least two Joy-cons outside handheld mode) this time.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bobbythekid21

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 27, 2019, 08:36:41 PMChange the thread title to say Pokémon, it's bothering me

This is the first time in history I'm not picking Grass.

Pokémon Let's Go almost singlehandedly destroyed my interest in Pokémon—seriously the worst use of my money in a long time, and the first Pokémon game ever that I couldn't force through. This one looks better. Hopefully they'll let me use my pro controller (or at least two Joy-cons outside handheld mode) this time.
YW
If I remember correctly I chose Turtwig in pearl, Piplup in platinum, Snivy in Black, and Fennekin in Y. (And Charmander in Pokemon GO, but I seriously neglected him...) So I guess I've done two of each starter except water. (That's funny since TBH I enjoyed Platinum the most)
Spoiler
[close]

Splatoon Inkling

Oh yah! The only Pokémon game I've ever owned was Pokémon go. It wasn't actually that bad, but from what I understand it was very different from a traditional Pokémon game.

LeviR.star

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 27, 2019, 08:36:41 PMChange the thread title to say Pokémon, it's bothering me

It's probably the fact that he couldn't find an "é" on his keyboard. You'll live.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 28, 2019, 10:34:12 AMIt's probably the fact that he couldn't find an "é" on his keyboard. You'll live.
if you have a phone or tablet just press down on the e for a few seconds and you should get some options like these ėęěĕə=èéêëē

LeviR.star

Well then! Bobby should be ashamed...

You had one simple task, and you failed.

Bad sarcasm plz don't hurt me

Joking aside, I agree with Slow about the Let's Go! controls. The whole game was great new experience for me compared to the time I played Blue Version, but I was annoyed at how I couldn't use my Pro Controller.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements