Game: Harvest Moon 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Fall
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

[attachment deleted by admin]

Code_Name_Geek

Latios212

Nice work! Notes look good except m. 15 beat 4 LH should be an E instead of an A. And in the octaves at the end, there's some harmony you may want to consider adding (D# E# F# G#).

I do have a couple of other suggestions, though:
- If you use a repeat structure for some parts that are currently the same in your piano reduction, everything could fit on one page; here's what that would roughly look like:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
- The offbeat dyads in the A section look fairly uncomfortable to reach in places. For the places where the bass plays G they have to be played by the right hand instead, and that could get in the way of executing the 16th note runs smoothly. One thing you can try (see if you like) is raising the bass by an octave so the left hand can play everything on the lower staff, although this would require smoothing the transitions to and from the other section to avoid jumping the bass. How do you want this part to be played? Play around with it and see what you like.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on April 07, 2019, 09:38:40 AMNice work! Notes look good except m. 15 beat 4 LH should be an E instead of an A. And in the octaves at the end, there's some harmony you may want to consider adding (D# E# F# G#).
Oops I'll definitely fix those, thanks!

Quote from: Latios212 on April 07, 2019, 09:38:40 AMI do have a couple of other suggestions, though:
- If you use a repeat structure for some parts that are currently the same in your piano reduction, everything could fit on one page; here's what that would roughly look like:
I never thought of doing the repeats like that, it would be nice to get it on one page!

Quote from: Latios212 on April 07, 2019, 09:38:40 AM- The offbeat dyads in the A section look fairly uncomfortable to reach in places. For the places where the bass plays G they have to be played by the right hand instead, and that could get in the way of executing the 16th note runs smoothly. One thing you can try (see if you like) is raising the bass by an octave so the left hand can play everything on the lower staff, although this would require smoothing the transitions to and from the other section to avoid jumping the bass. How do you want this part to be played? Play around with it and see what you like.
I was intending it to be played by the right hand but wrote it in the bass clef for spacing reasons (and I probably should have indicated that in the score). I have small hands so I definitely can't reach that at all with my left hand! I knew it would be a bit difficult with the 16th notes, I just don't have a good idea of how difficult it is since I'm not a very good pianist myself. I can try the bass the octave up as well and maybe I'll find an actual pianist (aka not myself) to get some input on that.

I have class in a few mins so I don't have time to do the edits now but I'll get them done as soon as I can!
Thanks again for the feedback!

EDIT: Sorry I'm in the midst of exams and busier than I thought but I'll revisit this early next week.

Latios212

No problem! Happy to help, lemme know when you get a chance to experiment more or would like some more of my input.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Sorry for the delay but here is the revision!

I've put some thought into those off-beats and I've decided to keep them in the right hand (though I've re-arranged the formatting to get them into the proper staff). After play-testing it a bit I found it to be slightly easier in the right hand even with the bass up the octave, which I didn't terribly like the sound of anyways. I think it was because the articulations match up better with the right hand part; for some reason, I find it really difficult to execute two different articulations in the same hand. Thoughts?

I made the corrections and added those repeats as well!

Latios212

It looks good! It's fine if you want to keep the layers as-is; I just wanted you to give it some thought and weigh the options.

Very small things - the 1./2. at the repeated section would probably be a bit better off to the left, and the repeat at the end would be clearer as a D.C.

But other than that, this has my approval! ;D

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on April 22, 2019, 06:10:43 PMVery small things - the 1./2. at the repeated section would probably be a bit better off to the left, and the repeat at the end would be clearer as a D.C.

I agree with this.

Also the second to last note in the bass in bars 9 and 13 is an A rather than an E (it is an E in bar 11 though).

Other than that this looks fine to me.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on April 22, 2019, 06:10:43 PMIt looks good! It's fine if you want to keep the layers as-is; I just wanted you to give it some thought and weigh the options.

Very small things - the 1./2. at the repeated section would probably be a bit better off to the left, and the repeat at the end would be clearer as a D.C.

But other than that, this has my approval! ;D
Done!

Quote from: Libera on April 23, 2019, 05:06:34 PMAlso the second to last note in the bass in bars 9 and 13 is an A rather than an E (it is an E in bar 11 though).
Must have been a copying mistake, my bad. It's fixed now.

Thanks again to the both of you!

Libera

Awesome, I just readjusted the articulations for you (they go weird if they're made in v26 when people with a previous version open it) and I've updated the files.  Accepting now!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot