News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

What are you reading?

Started by chanderpaul4120, March 27, 2019, 08:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chanderpaul4120

I read brawling go manga and I think this is one of the best manga.
AND
What are you reading?

mikey

this forum post

...I might read Abhorsen again, it was a pretty good fantasy series about (a few people, but mostly) a woman who learns necromancy
by garth nix
Oh yeah it was Hilda, that netflix TV series
the juxtaposition of fantasy creatures with a mundane city world reminded me of the series and I felt like i should read it again
I think I'll bike to the library tomorrow

edit: well, it's tomorrow and I don't really feel like going out... maybe tomorrow
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I read Pet Sematary and now I'm on The Secret Diary of Hendrik Groen, 83 1/4 Years Old

If anyone's interested my favorite book is The Dinner by Herman Koch
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

The Deku Trombonist

I saw a TV adaption of Pet Sematary last year. Twas spooky. What's the book like?

SlowPokemon

It was kind of disturbing. My roommate and I both read it because the movie is coming out soon.

Harvest

Over the last few weeks I have read:

The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene

The Day of the Locust by Nathanael West

A Bio of Ernest Hemingway named after him by Wendy Dearborn I think her name is.

The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James

The Turn of the Screw by Henry James

Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather.

Currently finishing up The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.

I'm also reading a Spanish translation of Alice in Wonderland and Le Petite Prince, which is in French. These two I am reading more slowly as those are not my first languages.

-

mikey

I went to the library and when I got there i realized I didn't have my wallet and thus could not check out because libraries in Utah are insanely high maintenance like you have to have a valid utah driver's license to be able to apply for a library card but whatever I'll try to remember my wallet next time
unmotivated

Jack

I'm reading a book titled "A Man Called Ove" and it's really great. It's about an old man who seems to be the most grumpy person you'll meet on the outside, but you get to look inside his mind and get a funny, heartwarming, and reflective story. I'd highly recommend it.

Maelstrom

I'm slowly working through Herman Hesse's Steppenwolf, while also reading the 5th Youjo Senki light novel.

rabidgoodra27

I'm reading "Rediscovering Americanism" by Mark Levin.  It's a great book (if you're into political science) and, heck, it's one of those books that every American should read.
My Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/its-me-again-margaret

SlowPokemon

In terms of fiction, reading Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. I loved her book Big Little Lies and this one is kind of similar.

Non fiction, I'm about 100 pages into Beethoven: The Music and the Life by Lewis Lockwood.

swimswamit

Rabbit is Rich by John Updike and Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. Rabbit is Rich might turn out to be my favorite book, third in the series of his and the writing is just incredible

Onionleaf

I recently finished reading "Quiet" by Susan Cain, which is a must-read for any introvert or who is a friend/partner/co-worker to one. Will definitely re-read at some stage!

Another enjoyable and peaceful recent read was "The Story Girl" by Lucy Montgomery, which I seemed to have missed out on reading in my childhood, but was a joy to read even in my mid-20s!

I also placed a hold at my local library for "Red Notice" by Bill Browder, which a co-worker has recommended. The preview pages that I read online have intrigued me!

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm almost finished a book called Station Eleven. It's about a world where most of the population has been wiped out by a superflu, and follows a traveling Shakespeare troupe.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlimyWyvern

I just recently picked up the entire series of "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin. I've never watched a single episode of Game of Thrones (and probably never will) but I was interested in seeing how the books played out. Right now I'm about a third of the way through the second book, "Clash of Kings."