News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG Suggestions, Comments, and Discussion

Started by Nakah, July 29, 2008, 07:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

Waddle Bro

Mashi

Plot Twist: TheBoyWhoCriedWolf and Waddle Bro stop making querulous quibbles at each other.

Waddle Bro

Bird

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on September 19, 2013, 03:47:38 PMI'm sorry but the play in the game has also been ridiculous.

Had you guys made a good effort I may have tried to make things shorter but you didn't. All will be revealed in the post game though.

And anyway, I didn't even think it was this possible for the game to be this long.

I'm not going to shorten phases since I only receive around 10% of the actions and you guys can't make decent lynched, don't blame me for the long phases.

I think it's absurd to blame the long phases on the players. The host is the one who updates the game, and it's his or her responsibility to manage how long the phases last. If players aren't very active, that's too bad, but you don't get to spite them by making the game last forever, or use them as an excuse not to update on time. I feel like a lot of the time, failing to make timely updates will make a game even less active than before, since it kills any momentum the game might have had.

No rules were broken by either the players or the host, to my knowledge. We will also not add any rules to make sure that games take less time. This is because TWG is a self-correcting system. In other words, when the next hosting poll comes around, I trust that people will vote based not only on the quality of the games, but also on the quality of the potential hosts... for better or worse.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Toby

I'm just saying that I would have put more effort into hosting if the players had been more effort into playing.

Just like late phase updates lose momentum, lack of play during phases, (like 2 vote lynches or only 5 out of 14 actions being sent in) also quite frankly upset the host.

I put a lot of effort into the creation of my game, tried hard to convince people to vote for it but then when people don't even bother to play it... It's like spending hours and hours on an essay and then the teacher not even bothering to correct it.

SlowPokemon

Actually in this case, you're the teacher who worked really hard on an assignment no one did. Get used to it tbh
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dude

Actually, he's the teacher who made a very creative extra credit project that no one bothered to try.

MaestroUGC

If people aren't active then you must take action about it; getting mad about the players and delaying updates for it only serves to punish those who are willing to play as well as those waiting patiently to play the next game.

That being said, I'm not sure you were ready to host a game like this. I realize you had a lot going on behind the scenes (trust me, I know what that's like), but I can't help but you you were a bit overwhelmed by the scale of the game. Seriously, 14 possible actions each night is ridiculous.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Toby

Mod killing inactives would unbalance the game and there was no one available that I could replace into the game that hadn't already been part of it.

Believe me, I was able to cope with it, but my family had decided to take me out on a camping trip one weekend and there happened to be no wifi connection on my phone. That's why one phase was so long.

Also, had they humans played better and been more active the boxes may have been coordinated in a better way, allowing players to use vigi's.

Waddle Bro

You should have considered making some of the players back-up players in the beginning.

Toby

Yugi

Should I make an attempt to host a game again? I have a few ideas up my sleeve.

mikey

... I still don't get this game.  I have no idea how to discern who's a wolf, other than, "Hey that guy talks like Maestro!  Let's lynch him!"(sorry Maestro first name that popped into my head.)
unmotivated