News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

[N64] Donkey Kong 64 - "Angry Aztec (Temple)" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, April 06, 2019, 01:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Angry Aztec (Temple)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Libera

Strange piece, but generally looks pretty good to me.  I've just got a few things:

-In bars 20-24 wherever you've written a Cm chord I'm just hearing it as an open C-G with no Eb.
-For the first two bars, might I suggest something like this instead?
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This way we add in exactly one note at a time (which matches the original better in my opinion) and also removing the slurs means we keep the dissonance up throughout the entire thing as on piano we don't have the luxury of constant volume sustaining.
-You're a bit too close to the copyright on the first page.  You could move one system to the second page if you like or just redistribute the first page so the bottom of the last system stays above the copyright.
-Kind of picky but the diminuendo in bar 24 should really end on the last note rather than halfway through it.

I think that should be everything, nice stuff.

Sebastian

Quote from: Libera on April 08, 2019, 03:56:40 PM-In bars 20-24 wherever you've written a Cm chord I'm just hearing it as an open C-G with no Eb.
Hmmm...weird. I wish Grant Kirkhope would have added in that Eb for my OCD's sake xD
Updated.

Quote from: Libera on April 08, 2019, 03:56:40 PM-For the first two bars, might I suggest something like this instead?
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
This way we add in exactly one note at a time (which matches the original better in my opinion) and also removing the slurs means we keep the dissonance up throughout the entire thing as on piano we don't have the luxury of constant volume sustaining.
I have the pedal there to help sustain the notes, but I actually like your alternative better. Updated.

Quote from: Libera on April 08, 2019, 03:56:40 PM-You're a bit too close to the copyright on the first page.  You could move one system to the second page if you like or just redistribute the first page so the bottom of the last system stays above the copyright.
-Kind of picky but the diminuendo in bar 24 should really end on the last note rather than halfway through it.
Nothing is too picky! Updated.

The links have been updated. Thanks for the feedback, bro! : )

Libera

Quote from: Libera on April 08, 2019, 03:56:40 PM-Kind of picky but the diminuendo in bar 24 should really end on the last note rather than halfway through it.
Quote from: Sebastian on April 15, 2019, 09:57:14 PMNothing is too picky!

If I'm being picky, this still needs to be done. :P

Other than that this looks great now.

Sebastian

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot