News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

New Series

Started by The Deku Trombonist, April 06, 2019, 04:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 07, 2019, 08:22:39 PMIt only has 5 sheets right now. As notable as Splatoon is, creating a section for it is probably not realistic for the time being.
True, but it could be once it gains enough momentum.

Jack

Hello,
     If you're cleaning stuff like this up, I'd just like to point out that Donkey Kong Country 3 is listed twice in the Donkey Kong section.
That's all,
Jack

Tobbeh99

Emm no? It's "Donkey Kong Country 3" and then "Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!". That's what I can see.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 09, 2019, 03:22:10 PMEmm no? It's "Donkey Kong Country 3" and then "Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!". That's what I can see.
They're pointing it out because those are, in fact, the same game.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Ah, but in fact... they are not! (I think.)

"Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble" is the SNES title that most people are probably familiar with. "Donkey Kong Country 3" (without the subtitle) is the GBA release of the game with a new soundtrack. Note the lack of the subtitle:

It is confusing and looks like a mistake, though, so how about renaming "Donkey Kong Country 3" to "Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)"?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

Ah. Duped by the port.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 09, 2019, 04:32:27 PM(I think.)
I checked the sheet and yeah it's of the GBA one.
Amusing that both versions have a track called "Treetop Tumble" that sound completely different to each other.

Quote from: Latios212 on April 09, 2019, 04:32:27 PMIt is confusing and looks like a mistake, though, so how about renaming "Donkey Kong Country 3" to "Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)"?
That'd help, yeah. BrawlBRSTMs seems to use this format too.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

Probably also with the full name "Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble" and then "Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)" or something like that. We usually put the full title as the title.

10/10 tobbeh

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 07, 2019, 03:55:18 PMMake sure to update when you guys are completely finished adding new series to the sidebar - I'll update my stuff to account for the new series once it's done. Doesn't make much sense for me to jump the gun & have to change my stuff more than once.
Okay, I think we're done for now.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 10, 2019, 03:52:30 AMProbably also with the full name "Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble" and then "Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)" or something like that. We usually put the full title as the title.
Fixed.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 07, 2019, 05:58:17 AMI wonder if there's a way we could finally get Legend of Zelda in its correct alphabetical place on the side bar while you're at it?
What do you think it should be or how do you think it should be written?

LeviR.star

Side note, but do you guys determine a new series by number of sheets, or games?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on April 10, 2019, 08:20:14 PMWhat do you think it should be or how do you think it should be written?
If a title starts with "A", "An" or "The", it is omitted when sorting alphabetically. So it should be filed under "Legend of Zelda" instead of "The Legend of Zelda".

mikey

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 10, 2019, 08:32:13 PMIf a title starts with "A", "An" or "The", it is omitted when sorting alphabetically. So it should be filed under "Legend of Zelda" instead of "The Legend of Zelda".
TESTIFY
I HAVE BEEN PUSHING THIS CHANGE quite gently FOR YEARS
unmotivated