News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG CXII Game Thread

Started by mikey, April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

3d3, TWeGpocalypse Edition (10p)

START PHASE: Night
CARDFLIPPING: Off
INSTA-LYNCH: On
LYNCH ABSTENTION: Off

Setup

ABC
Wolf Power SeerWolf RevokerNormal Wolf
1GuardianTrackerAlignment Seer
2Power SeerRevokerWizard

The setup is generated by the following procedure:There are 12 possible setups in total:
  • Wolf Power Seer x1, Normal Wolf x1, Tracker x1, Alignment Seer x1, Normal Human x6 (A11)
  • Wolf Power Seer x1, Normal Wolf x1, Tracker x1, Wizard x1, Normal Human x6 (A12)
  • Wolf Power Seer x1, Normal Wolf x1, Revoker x1, Alignment Seer x1, Normal Human x6 (A21)
  • Wolf Power Seer x1, Normal Wolf x1, Revoker x1, Wizard x1, Normal Human x6 (A22)
  • Wolf Revoker x1, Normal Wolf x1, Guardian x1, Alignment Seer x1, Normal Human x6 (1B1)
  • Wolf Revoker x1, Normal Wolf x1, Guardian x1, Wizard x1, Normal Human x6 (1B2)
  • Wolf Revoker x1, Normal Wolf x1, Power Seer x1, Alignment Seer x1, Normal Human x6 (2B1)
  • Wolf Revoker x1, Normal Wolf x1, Power Seer x1, Wizard x1, Normal Human x6 (2B2)
  • Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (11C)
  • Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (12C)
  • Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (21C)
  • Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (22C)
Mechanics:
  • Role Details
    • Revoker: Cancels any role actions that the target has.
    • Power Seer: Learns the target's role power, but not their alignment; both Normal Humans and Normal Wolves give a No Power result.
    • Guardian: Protects a player from the wolf kill.
    • Tracker: Learns the name of anyone a player targeted with a role action.
    • Alignment Seer: Gets HUMAN/NOT HUMAN results.
    • Wizard: Both protects and revokes their target.
  • Mechanics
    • Wolf kill is assigned – a single wolf must be selected to carry out the kill, which can be stopped by Revokers and Wizards.
    • The Wolf Revoker or Role Seer is allowed to both use their personal powers and carry out the kill. A Tracker will see them visiting two players.
    • Wolf Revoker > Human Revoker > Wizard, in terms of action priority.

Typically I roll dice IRL to determine off-the-grid but since a specific method is noted in the setup that's the one I'll be using

Players:

1. ShyYoshiGuy
2. Voozio
3. davy
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. Kaiveran
6. FireArrow
7. Nana1Popo2
8. leetic
9. blinky
10. funnygurl555

It is now pregame.  Roles are being randed and PMs are being sent out.  Please do not post at this time.
unmotivated

mikey

Column C was selected this game!  It is now Night 1.  Night 1 will last for 24 hours and ends at 9:00 PM my vacation time, whenever that is.  YOU MAY POST.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Someone get the oil can, cause I am rrrrrrrussssttyyyy!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: mikey on April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PMThis result will be revealed at the start of the game (e.g "Column B was selected this game")

>:c
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

Quote from: mikey on April 09, 2019, 12:03:13 AMColumn C was selected this game!  It is now Night 1.  Night 1 will last for 24 hours and ends at 9:00 PM my vacation time, whenever that is.  YOU MAY POST.
?
unmotivated

FireArrow

oh my silly me

So we have a wizard, alignment seer and no interesting wolves. We've got 2 mislynches so we can't be passive - starting day phase make people talk! If you got a PR make things happen, we don't want to go into our second lynch with an uneventful first lynch, no information other than night kills, and 3 inactives.

FireArrow

wait jk, we only have one of the wizard and alignment seer

Oricorio

Confirming that I have received my role.

Blinky

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from having two normal wolves (which is great), we have the potential to have either Guardian, Power Seer, Tracker, or Revoker as the possible powers. 

Generally, my first priority is to create an alliance, but with the sheer amount of unknowns that can become incredibly dodgy.  Even having someone claim a role is infeasible at this point, as the sheer amount of possibilities for counterclaims and deception would only favor the wolves.

Here are my basic tips to the potential powers: Guardian, guard yourself. Seer/tracker/revoker idk lol.  The most telling thing that could happen tonight imo is a non-wolfing.  In the meantime, I guess we're just free to discuss the potential of alliances/role claiming I guess.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Blinky on April 09, 2019, 06:44:14 AMSo, correct me if I'm wrong, but aside from having two normal wolves (which is great), we have the potential to have either Guardian, Power Seer, Tracker, or Revoker as the possible powers. 

Yeah, this is what I gathered, too. Our only possible role options for this game are the last four listed in the OG post.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

FireArrow

Oooh yeah I misread the OP.

Quote from: Blinky on April 09, 2019, 06:44:14 AMGenerally, my first priority is to create an alliance, but with the sheer amount of unknowns that can become incredibly dodgy.  Even having someone claim a role is infeasible at this point, as the sheer amount of possibilities for counterclaims and deception would only favor the wolves.

No, and I disagree. It's not a random combination of the 4, its one of the following setups:
Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (11C)
Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (12C)
Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (21C)
Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (22C)

Power seer and guardian are mutually exclusive and we're guaranteed to have one, so if wolves try to false claim one then they get counter claimed by the other.

If we have a guardian, I see no reason why they shouldn't claim and guard themselves every night.

Less sure about this one, but if we have a power seer, I'm thinking they should probably claim too. There's a 50% chance we have a tracker who can track them and no good player is gonna take a coin flip at getting caught n1 unless they think 50/50 odds is an improvement. Power Seer has no ability to actually find the wolves so they're more useful as a confirmed human unless we end up in the specific scenario they're useful in (counter claims and they already got a relevant read) which feels relatively unlikely. If power seer does claim, wait till day 1.

Blinky

Quote from: FireArrow on April 09, 2019, 01:28:33 PMOooh yeah I misread the OP.

No, and I disagree. It's not a random combination of the 4, its one of the following setups:
Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (11C)
Normal Wolf x2, Guardian x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (12C)
Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Tracker x1, Normal Human x6 (21C)
Normal Wolf x2, Power Seer x1, Revoker x1, Normal Human x6 (22C)

I was already aware of this, but yeah.  I was just trying to understand your mistake from you original post.

QuoteIf we have a guardian, I see no reason why they shouldn't claim and guard themselves every night.

As I said before, them guarding them self is fairly obvious, and while I'm open to the claim, I'm not taking any claim as a guarantee of innocence.  Any wolf counterclaiming/misdirection could lead to the lynching one of our only two specials.

Going to oppose the power seer claiming without having a relevant seering, because as far as I can tell, the tracker only tells who the target of their power has targeted.  It wouldn't tell you who wolfed someone if you track them, which negates your point.  So I believe you're wrong there.

Funnygurl555

hi everyone,

don't know most of you, so im funnygurl. i play twg on ffr, and that's how i know mikey.

i've received my role. i see there's a discord, but where are we supposed to talk about this twg? is this like out of thread communication on ffr where i'm supposed to hit up everyone's dms?

FireArrow

Goddammit card flipping is off too had to delete everything I wrote

Yeah no one claim unless you got balls and wanna call out the wolves ("Ya'll wanna 50/50 this game or let us have an alliance!")