News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

TWG CXII Game Thread

Started by mikey, April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 09, 2019, 02:38:01 PMhi everyone,

don't know most of you, so im funnygurl. i play twg on ffr, and that's how i know mikey.

i've received my role. i see there's a discord, but where are we supposed to talk about this twg? is this like out of thread communication on ffr where i'm supposed to hit up everyone's dms?

he'll make the discord channel soon i hope, but yeah dms werk too
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on April 09, 2019, 01:28:33 PMIf we have a guardian, I see no reason why they shouldn't claim and guard themselves every night.
Can the guardian even guard themselves though? I can't remember whether the default, if left unstated, was to allow them to guard themselves, or not. Even without cardflipping, claiming could be a valid strategy if they can guard themselves.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nana1Popo2

Can someone remind me what a Lynch Abstention is?

Also, the guardian details don't specify that it can't be themselves... so I don't see why not
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

FireArrow

Lynch Abstention is not voting, so you gotta vote no undecided fence walkin'

mikey

Late night tonight.

In the night...

Blinky died. It is now Day 1.  Day 1 ends at a time when I am not this dead tired and I cut my foot on a rock while surfing FireArrow you didn't tell me the ocean was so dangerous

This post will be updated to look like a real one eventually
unmotivated

FireArrow

Cool, we lose an active player. Probably a fear kill or bad PR read, gonna lean on the latter. Anyone here got insight into who might think blinky was guardian for not wanting people to claim?

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 09, 2019, 02:38:01 PMhi everyone,

don't know most of you, so im funnygurl. i play twg on ffr, and that's how i know mikey.

i've received my role. i see there's a discord, but where are we supposed to talk about this twg? is this like out of thread communication on ffr where i'm supposed to hit up everyone's dms?

You seem awfully concerned about private communication for night one.

Quote from: mikey on April 10, 2019, 02:49:34 AMBlinky died. It is now Day 1.  Day 1 ends at a time when I am not this dead tired and I cut my foot on a rock while surfing FireArrow you didn't tell me the ocean was so dangerous

Try getting stung by wana ;c

ShyYoshiGuy

Wow, I completely missed the beginning of this game. I'm here now. Also, this is me confirming I received my role.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

Funnygurl555

Quote from: FireArrow on April 10, 2019, 11:38:24 AMYou seem awfully concerned about private communication for night one.

i think the weirder thing is that you responded to my post at two different times, and only this time around were you suspicious of what i said. looks artificial

i'm worried about out of thread communication though because i'm not good at keeping up with it. i'm socially awkward and prefer in thread talk

Voozio

Hello peoples. I guess it seems customary to publicly voice that I received my role so I'm doing that now since I haven't said anything yet. I've been followin along

FireArrow

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 10, 2019, 12:18:48 PMi think the weirder thing is that you responded to my post at two different times, and only this time around were you suspicious of what i said. looks artificial

i'm worried about out of thread communication though because i'm not good at keeping up with it. i'm socially awkward and prefer in thread talk

The helpful answer is best asap, anything related to questioning/suspicions/getting people to talk I'd rather wait till day one.

BlackDragonSlayer

My best guess is that Blinky was a process of elimination kill, as in, "who's active who we might not be able to pin a suspicion on later," because wolfing an inactive is usually not a good strategy (I say "usually" because there are indeed exceptions to everything :P ), and given the number of people who didn't post or only made one post, that would narrow down the choice quite a bit.

Quote from: FireArrow on April 10, 2019, 11:38:24 AMYou seem awfully concerned about private communication for night one.
I'm willing to write it off as not being too familiar with NSM's style.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Oricorio

Wait, there's a N0 kill? That's not how I'm used to doing things

BlackDragonSlayer

:K

Yep, the game starts on a night. Welcome to NSM. ;D

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kaiveran

J'arrive.

I confirm receipt of my Role PM and such!

Anyways, hai, the name's Kai! I'm a blue fluffy foxcat thing. I've been playing MafiaWolf games in one form or another for a loooong time, and after sampling all of them, I still think this style is the best and has the most potential for exciting and engaging gameplay. It's a shame that it has died out in favor of more austere, conservative variants, and I am here to make sure that it gets a chance to live again!

Let's give this one all we've got!
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

Kaiveran

Now to actually read:

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 09, 2019, 07:51:00 PMCan the guardian even guard themselves though? I can't remember whether the default, if left unstated, was to allow them to guard themselves, or not. Even without cardflipping, claiming could be a valid strategy if they can guard themselves.
Huh, is a self-protecting Guardian the default around here? Because this setup was designed with a Guardian that can't self protect. (My bad for not making that explicit  :-[ )

If mikey already sent said Guardian a Role PM that allows for self-protection...well, there's no use crying over spilt mechanics. If there is a Guardian, claiming and self-guarding could be a viable strategy in this case, as it basically gives us a cleared human for the whole game
The problem is that this opens us up to be totally robbed of our investigative powers by the Wolves: they could decide to throw out a Power Seer/Tracker fakeclaim to counter the other blue, forcing us to get rid of them both (and naturally, the Guardian can't get any clears in this situation because they're too busy protecting themselves.)
Of course, if we don't have a Guardian, then both of our roles are basically unprotected info roles, and nobody should claim unless they have a useful result or it's a PFD (e.g a Day with 5-6 players alive.)

Quote from: FireArrow on April 09, 2019, 11:25:59 PMLynch Abstention is not voting, so you gotta vote no undecided fence walkin'
More specifically, it means that the town must lynch every Day – there's no option to No-Lynch.
––––
Anyways, since my last experience with the players in this game ranges from "4ish years ago" to "never ever", I am, by definition, not a big meta guy. Does the Blinky kill ping anyone who is?
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~