TWG CXII Game Thread

Started by mikey, April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Phase end
Kitb to be resolved momentarily
unmotivated

mikey

voozio has died.  It is now Night 2.  Night 2 ends at 10:00 PM Central Time on April 13 in just under 24 hours.
unmotivated

FireArrow

That was... sudden. Ya'll inactive for the normal phase length than pop up in the last few hours to completely change the lynch, gonna read it over to see if its a bit coordinated.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Funnygurl555

Quote from: FireArrow on April 12, 2019, 09:37:23 PMThat was... sudden. Ya'll inactive for the normal phase length than pop up in the last few hours to completely change the lynch, gonna read it over to see if its a bit coordinated.

that's a bit of an unfair assessment; personally, i've been regularly checking this thread since i knew it was up.

and your post reads as if you suspect the wolves had a reason to care about this eod? for all we know the wagons coulda been vt/vt.

Nana1Popo2

I like how the suspicion on me went full circle as soon as Shy showed up... lol...

I just jumped on the wagon to vote for somebody. And at the time the only current vote by BDS made a hint of sense, so for the sake of pushing things along, i went with it. *shrug
(The meta knowledge was definitely a thing)

I've been checking regularly, too (when not at work; which, coincidentally, everything blew up during), and it's been pretty quiet. Perhaps that was because of a lack of knowing when the phase was actually going to end at the time?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

mikey

>:(
Quote from: mikey on April 11, 2019, 09:16:11 PMguardian cannot self guard.
Phase is being extended because I'm busy and I don't think anyone's even voted yet.  Phase will end in about 23 hours at 10:00 PM central time.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 12, 2019, 05:57:02 PMBDS

no way yo. that reads list doesn't help anyone. idk shyyoshiguy to be fine with voting for him based on meta either.
I mean yeah, but it gives people something to talk about and helps me collect my thoughts. FA said to post lists so I went along with that.

Not sure about Voozio lynch. He did kind of hop onto a bandwagon for little justifiable reason, so I don't think it was a bad lynch necessarily. I feel like Voozio and Kaiveran are probably opposing alignments, but that doesn't necessarily mean Kaiveran and Shy are partners.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 12, 2019, 07:05:59 PMQUICK N DIRTY VOTE COUNT

SYG – 4/5 – BDS, Kai, N1P2, Voozio
N1P2 – 2/5 – leetic, FA
BDS – 1/5 – Funnygurl

You're welcome
Might do a better "partner analysis" later, but N1P2 and Kai could be partners, though it raises the question of whether they would both vote for Shy in such a bold way together.

Quote from: ShyYoshiGuy on April 12, 2019, 07:47:04 PMBut, ok, going with this now, it seems Voozio only voted for me because BDS and N1 did. BDS and N1 know this is abnormal for me, heh.

Voozio

(Funnygurl, I was typing this as you said that.)
Since Shy was the second person to vote for Voozio it could link the two (and I can certainly believe Shy would make a clumsy follow-along vote like that), in addition to the fact that Kai went from Shy to someone else.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 12, 2019, 10:01:38 PMthat's a bit of an unfair assessment; personally, i've been regularly checking this thread since i knew it was up.

and your post reads as if you suspect the wolves had a reason to care about this eod? for all we know the wagons coulda been vt/vt.

You posted night one, yet you felt no need to make a post before its extension? The reason would be to save a wolf, and the entire purpose is to look into if such a reason seems present.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

In the night...

leetic died.

It is now Day 2.  Day 2 ends in 48 hours at 10:00 PM CST.
unmotivated

Funnygurl555

Quote from: FireArrow on April 12, 2019, 11:26:18 PMYou posted night one, yet you felt no need to make a post before its extension? The reason would be to save a wolf, and the entire purpose is to look into if such a reason seems present.

if you mean eod's extension, like lots of y'all, i didn't know when eod was :(

caught it in the nick of time though

Funnygurl555

other thoughts i have:

leetic being nk'd means he's most likely town. fmpov (since i know i'm town), at least 2/3 votes on voozio were town votes. i currently have a town lean on kaiveran, so i think the wagon last eod was pure.

Funnygurl555

(sorry i'm still going idk if multiple posting like this is a no-no here)

the most plausible (or tbh simplest) reason i could think of for the nk is that leetic was universally town read for his vote. if that were the case though, then the wolf team must have paid attention to the thread to understand that.

i just thought i'd bring that up because i wasn't expecting the wolves to nk him, so i had to think for a minute lol

Kaiveran

I would think all TWG forums tolerate multi-posting, given no editing allowed :P

leetic wasn't the biggest voice D1, and IIRC the only person he ever actually called out was N1P2, so that might have informed the kill. That's a classic dollop of whyfoam though, so I'll hold that in abeyance until I do a thorough re-up on the game tomorrow. I might have more time for OC stuff too.
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 13, 2019, 09:32:21 PMThat's a classic dollop of whyfoam

I love this

Also, I'm interested to hear more from the quiet people in here. They could just be watching and taking their kills night by night. (@Shy, @davy, for example).

I'm curious about the kill on leetic, tbh. Why him? Was it something he said? Or just a random kill?

I am still fairly new to forum-based TWG (meaning, I can count on my hand how many games I've played), so I'm not great at the over-analyzing yet... However I can see this going down a path that I don't mind outwardly saying: I feel like I'm getting set up (probably unintentionally up until leetic's death).
I, too, noticed the point Kai said. If FA dies the next night, it could look worse for me, being they both voted for me D1. However, that could also be, as Kai said, a big ol dollop of whyfoam (if I were a wolf).

I honestly still think there's a wolf between Shy and davy (and any other super-quiet folk that I forget are in this game atm). For once, precisely because they have been quiet. I don't normally take that approach, but I'd personally like to see what they have to say/are hiding. lol.

I'm surprised I actually had this much to say, because I was honestly about to post how I don't really know what to read for people much yet... (still...). Considering only Kai, FG, and FA have been posting the most often.
The discord chat has been really quiet, too... that's the easiest place for me to check while at work and it's been dead xD

It's hard for me to think of any town reads on anyone... but from N1 I got that from Blinky... unfortunately, that didn't last long...

Anyone else have lengthy posts to make?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16