News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

TWG CXII Game Thread

Started by mikey, April 08, 2019, 11:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiveran

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 15, 2019, 04:34:22 PMWould you be able to give a succinct summary/quote previous things you've said about why you think N1P2 is a wolf? I'm still not sure I get it.
Okay, since I'm fully aware people don't read wallposts, especially ones like mine: basically he was following the leader early game and then when his opportunistic hop was called out by leetic he disappeared. Only after the scramble did he show up again, and then leetic was killed after he announced that he'd be more active OoT. Since then, he's been doing something, but a lot of his posts feel super-waffley and scared. Just look at his #81: "Oh dearie me, I hope I'm not suspicious for this that and the other thing."

I also have an issue with how padded some of his posts are, although maybe that's a style thing?

Anyways, the leetic kill by itself, as I said, is just whyfoam by itself. In combination with his behavior though? When does he actually throw anything out of his own volition? The big picture doesn't look good to me.
~ Kai Lugheidh | http://pronoun.is/ey ~

Kaiveran

I'm glad you asked me that BDS, because I realize now I missed SYG's #83 where he claims Normal Human.
So we have a claim from you. How about reads? Rebuttals?

ShyYoshiGuy

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 15, 2019, 04:22:34 PM

I thought I responded to them. Did they say something else? Also, my read is davy. He said a lot about me without any real substance to it.
"Don't be nervous, be of service."
   - Jacob Howard
On-site arrangements

Guguuh!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 15, 2019, 04:57:55 PMbasically he was following the leader early game
If it was anyone other than Shy he voted for, I'd probably agree with you, but N1P2 is very familiar with Shy. Not necessarily in a TWG sense, but just as a person in general.

QuoteJust look at his #81: "Oh dearie me, I hope I'm not suspicious for this that and the other thing."
This post is definitely a valid issue though. It reads kind of suspiciously and I have to say, after reading it, I am a bit more suspicious of N1P2. Not like "OMG I want to vote for you now!" but probably not in the "maybe human" category either.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Kaiveran

@ShyYoshiGuy: I read davy's posts. I don't feel that they exactly lack substance...I've seen opportunistic lurker hunts, and his points on you don't strike me that way. It's not just your activity he's worried about, he's explaining how he's read a pattern into it and sorted you based on that.

I will say N1P2 could be trying to discred your response to him here, but I'm not sure. I've said my piece on the whole OTK thing – it could have been just harmless tinfoil or it could have been an attempt to get town worried about what is possible (bad) rather than what is probable (good). I don't think it's productive to dwell on that particular bit right now, though.

You don't have a partner for davy? Or any town reads?-
@BDS: Breaks in meta happen, of course. But I'm fully aware of this tradition's tendency to mix personal relationships and stuff into the game. It's not ideal, but its the reality. So I'll try to bear that in mind for future analysis.

Kaiveran

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* FOOD BREAK *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 15, 2019, 04:57:55 PMI also have an issue with how padded some of his posts are, although maybe that's a style thing?

Anyways, the leetic kill by itself, as I said, is just whyfoam by itself. In combination with his behavior though? When does he actually throw anything out of his own volition? The big picture doesn't look good to me.
I don't understand what you mean here.. :o
I think your analysis of me is hitting points that are strangely... irrelevant...? Imo, at least. Interesting, though, to see what types of reactions you pay attention to, seeing that it's our first game together, haha.

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 15, 2019, 05:40:36 PMI don't think it's productive to dwell on that particular bit right now, though.
Same. Or at least, I'd really like to hear some speculations on others, if any. Not trying to take focus off of me, but honestly just some other names than me and Shy. Definitely after this phase ends, if I get to stay alive.

Quote from: Kaiveran on April 15, 2019, 04:57:55 PMJust look at his #81: "Oh dearie me, I hope I'm not suspicious for this that and the other thing."
I think this is just how I play? I also probably said that at the time because (as it's being proven more now) everyone takes every word and comment to heart and over-analyzes it x) (i coincidentally bring up this point in every TWG i play). So, i was hoping it would be read without that in mind. Over sharing, perhaps? I guess so, seeing as y'all are still talking about it. I am trying something a little new this game: actually being more active in chat, since half of us aren't, and being more openly honest/forward (obviously from my standpoint) since it's apparently an uncommon play style. :p

I do have another theory on who a second wolf might be, even in the realm of "looking too much into things," but I kind of want to wait a bit because typing long posts like this can get a bit exhausting...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

FireArrow

hmmm kinda liking the BDS/N1 pairing right now but shys really not doing a good job of making me wanna switch come on dude convince me
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on April 15, 2019, 06:51:34 PMI do have another theory on who a second wolf might be, even in the realm of "looking too much into things," but I kind of want to wait a bit because typing long posts like this can get a bit exhausting...
pls post
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Funnygurl555

i glossed over syg claiming normal human somehow

i don't think that's good practice for a wolf, ever, especially when flips are off

Funnygurl555

davy voting to make a counter wagon so we have another option going into eod

i'm also null-reading davy (as opposed to having a town lean on n1)

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 15, 2019, 07:27:31 PM(as opposed to having a town lean on n1)

You have a town lean on me now? Oh good xD
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Funnygurl555

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on April 15, 2019, 07:38:03 PMYou have a town lean on me now? Oh good xD

i've consistently had one actually :P

hope i'm not wrong

FireArrow

Quote from: Funnygurl555 on April 15, 2019, 07:26:01 PMi glossed over syg claiming normal human somehow

i don't think that's good practice for a wolf, ever, especially when flips are off

Nothing shy has done is good practice for any role this means nothing and is a terrible reason to lynch a goddamn neutral read instead of him
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Funnygurl555

Quote from: FireArrow on April 15, 2019, 07:39:25 PMNothing shy has done is good practice for any role this means nothing and is a terrible reason to lynch a goddamn neutral read instead of him

...you've got a point