NinSheetMusic's 15th Birthday! (+ New Layout)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, April 10, 2019, 11:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Today, we celebrate NinSheetMusic's 15th birthday: Hip-hip hooray!

I wasn't too sure what to say but it got me thinking: 15 years is quite a long time for a website, especially one for video game sheet music. In that time, many vgm sheet music sites have come and gone, as have countless arrangers and performers. And yet somehow, despite our ups and downs, here we are still chugging along. I've been here for nearly 10 years, which isn't as long as some, but in that time many arrangers and performers have come through here. It's been a privilege to see them grow and in many cases, take what they've learned here and go on to do bigger and better things. Jamaha put it perfectly in a previous birthday post when he wrote: "It feels good to help people play music from the games they love." So here's to another 15 years and more!

Enough speeches, it's time for the champagne and presents! To celebrate our 15th birthday, we're unveiling our new site design! Yes it's been a long time coming but after months of work and plenty of revisions, it's finally here. A big thankyou to all the staff who road tested it and provided feedback. It wouldn't have been possible without you. We still have many more features and improvements on the to-do list so stay tuned for more in the future but for now I think I need a holiday!

Here's a brief run-down of the new features and general improvements.
  • It's responsive! So now you can finally browse on whatever device you like without having to squint or zoom in.
  • Your forum login now carries over to the main site. For those who are logged in, you'll see your username and you get a little user menu panel. At the moment this doesn't do a whole lot, but we have things planned for it. But it does give you a nice little notification if you've received a PM.
  • We have support for swipe detection on touch devices. So if you do a quick right swipe from the left edge of the screen you can open the mobile menu. If you are logged in, you can do a quick left swipe from the right edge of the screen to open the user panel.
  • For those on desktop computers, or devices with larger screens, you can use the Quick Browse feature. Just click on the yellow sign which hangs from the menu bar to open a menu that enables you to quickly jump to any series, console, or arranger page.
  • Sheet lists are now collapsible. We might make a user setting for this in the future.

Nana1Popo2

Amazing!!

Wonderful work to everyone who has contributed!
As well as the community that continues to grow.
Honestly, I'm speechless as to how great it all is!  :D
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

WaluigiTime64

Woah this is cool.

Amazing work from the coding team, and all others who helped make this happen!

15 years... gosh.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

So happy that we finally get to show this off! Happy 15th, NSM! Here's to many more!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Wolf

(Fireworks) Woohoo!!! Bappy Hirthday NSM! (Fireworks)
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Tobbeh99

Wow, am I on the same site? ^^

Wow looked really different. Not my favorite color (if I'd express my opinion). I liked the sort of "warmer" colors of the previous design. But other than that, looks more professional, I guess you could say.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JulianSwegL0rd

DOPE! Nice work to everyone involved in this website! <3
I do piano and videogames streams here
-> https://www.twitch.tv/sirteclas <-

Sebastian

Awesome work! Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the site, Deku. : )

AmpharosAndy

will take a while to get used to but it's pretty groovy! what does the coloured bar thing mean? does it measure quality of sheet or sommat lel
innit

mikey

Main site is same as zd, forums haven't changed look at all

Iiiiinteresting
unmotivated

Code_Name_Geek

Woah this is so cool, happy birthday NSM!! Wonderful job to everyone who worked on this!! It's so nice to finally have a mobile-friendly layout too.

SlowPokemon

Happy birthday! The site is better on mobile now! Yay!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

cashwarrior1

Holy frickedy frack, I thought I was on a different website! lol

Yug_Guy

Man, what a way to celebrate! You guys have done a fantastic job redesigning the site!

Latios212

Happy anniversary everyone! And many, many thanks to The Deku Trombonist who orchestrated this fine effort!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle