NinSheetMusic's 15th Birthday! (+ New Layout)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, April 10, 2019, 11:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperMarina

New sections! New Xeno section (which I somehow missed from the last update)! I love this more than I did at surface level now, mobile is definitely my cup of tea.

The iconic wrists are no more though.
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

Latios212

Quote from: SuperMarina on April 11, 2019, 03:55:44 PMThe iconic wrists are no more though.
Haha we'll be following up with you guys soon regarding the site art - we wanted to wait until the redesign was out first.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SuperMarina

Quote from: Latios212 on April 11, 2019, 03:57:17 PMHaha we'll be following up with you guys soon regarding the site art

Can I get a yeehaw?
Yours truly,
a Marina advocate.

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: SuperMarina on April 11, 2019, 03:55:44 PMThe iconic wrists are no more though.
They're on desktop. Cos who needs wrists on mobile haha.

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on April 11, 2019, 08:00:01 AMwill take a while to get used to but it's pretty groovy! what does the coloured bar thing mean?
Popularity, the same as those black bars we had before.

Splatoon Inkling

Wow! Snazzy new looking site, now I like this!

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

swimswamit

Sebastian

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2019, 04:33:23 PMI miss the sidebar! It was so accessible!
If you click on quick browse, you'll see the whole list there. Also, console and arranger is an option.

cashwarrior1

I'm really looking forward to see the top 5 sheets of the week/top 5 hidden gems! It'll be nice to see how it changes over time

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Sebastian on April 11, 2019, 05:34:34 PMIf you click on quick browse, you'll see the whole list there. Also, console and arranger is an option.
Eh, not sure how I feel about there being an extra step. It's not very intuitive or welcoming to newcomers.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Splatoon Inkling

I love everything about it! Great job everyone! Happy birthday NSM! That's weird. My birthday is on the 22nd of December, and I'm 15. I'm older than NSM!

cashwarrior1

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on April 11, 2019, 05:56:47 PMEh, not sure how I feel about there being an extra step. It's not very intuitive or welcoming to newcomers.
It can also be quite a bit overwhelming. I think the addition of the top 5 weekly sheets is a great way to welcome newcomers by offering a few suggestions. Otherwise newcomers won't know where to begin and will likely feel lost by having all that information. Now in terms of normal users, I only see a problem with initially entering the site, as you do have to take that extra step to get the list. However, if you are, lets say, 3/4 of the down the legend of zelda section, it is far more convenient to be able to simply click the drop down rather than having to scroll all the way back up. So, while there are some initial cons, I think the pros are far better.

Splatoon Inkling

With Olimar taking his sheets to a different site most of the Splatoon Sheets have dissapeared.  :'( (Nothing wrong with him doing that, but newer people might not know.) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqRt4IYpo_XX_XM4dQzkWFD65R5YTo39/view?usp=sharing

Oronoco

The re-design is beautiful, and it will be much nicer to use on mobile now. Happy 15th, NSM, and thank you for your hard work!
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

LeviR.star

I'm a day late, but man oh man, is this awesome-looking! I'm not usually an advocate for change on little things, but I'm loving this new layout! It's truly a wonderful 15th birthday present!

Thanks to everyone involved in this! It's an honor being involved in this community.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements