NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Author Topic: Reading Music sheet  (Read 205 times)

Stephaniesu

• Blank Manuscript Paper
    • View Profile
Reading Music sheet
« on: April 17, 2019, 06:43:48 AM »

Some people have troubles with reading music sheets. I would highly recommend, learning about the basic musical signs first, before jumping into a whole music sheet. One example is the treble clef https://musicadvisor.com/treble-clef/ . I hope this will help those in need of it. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions.

Yug_Guy

• Resident Palindrome
  • Global Moderator
  • Sonic Ska
  • Love is stored in the turtle
    • View Profile
Re: Reading Music sheet
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:08:59 PM »

Uh... thank you?

I understand that you're trying to be helpful, but I believe most people on the site already have at least a basic understanding of how to read sheet music.

Dudeman

• Dearly Departed
  • Staff Emeritus
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Two-Time Winner of NSM's "Most Sarcastic" Award
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 11:02:46 PM »

I have to agree with Yug. If you're already here looking for sheet music, it's more than likely you already know how to read music at a basic level.
Aside from that, the help guides are intended for people who are arranging music, and if you're doing that without already knowing basic music theory, you're gonna need a lot more than a help guide to get yourself educated.
Dudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • "Courage"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 11:14:28 PM »

I have to agree with Yug. If you're already here looking for sheet music, it's more than likely you already know how to read music at a basic level.
Aside from that, the help guides are intended for people who are arranging music, and if you're doing that without already knowing basic music theory, you're gonna need a lot more than a help guide to get yourself educated.
surprised you did not go for the low hanging fruit of "you're gonna have a bad time"
Luke 1:3

"It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee..."

Splatoon Inkling

• Termina Tango
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ninsheetmusic.org
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »

Yah, I mean most people aren't gonna head over here if they can't read sheet music. I mean I know how to read sheet music. I wouldn't be here if I didn't know how to read sheet music. I mean you could, but being on NSM I think it's not our job to cater to everybody in doing that. There are other places that talk about thay, and there are many good piano courses out there that have really good theory.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 23 queries.