Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic & Knuckles
Console: Sega Genesis
Title: The Doomsday Zone
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Crafty_Potatoes

[attachment deleted by admin]

Crafty_Potatoes

Anyone who wants to make it better is allowed to. it isn't supposed to be finished.

If there is anything that I am missing, I may not know how to fix it... sorry...

Static

This is a pretty great arrangement, both from a visual and player's perspective. With that said, there are a few changes that should be made and some suggestions I have:
  • Title, subtitle, composer info, instrument name, etc. (basically any text) should be in Times New Roman.
  • The copyright info is missing, as well as the arranger info and 3 of the composers.
  • The song title should be "The Doomsday Zone", and the game title should just be "Sonic & Knuckles" (where the song originated from).
  • Measure numbers, page numbers, and 2nd page title are missing from the entire sheet.
  • The chromatic spellings are inconsistent. When writing big chromatic runs, the general rule is to have sharps when going up and flats going down. For example, the very last 16th note in m1 should be a G#, and the C# on beat 2 of m2 should be a Db.
I made all of these changes for you, and the files above have been updated with them.

Some suggestions for you to think about:
  • You have all the correct notes for each part you included, which is great. But I'm not so sure that you chose the right parts. The original is clearly in D minor, as you have indicated, but it's hard to figure this out from the sheet alone because the bassline isn't there. You chose a different moving line above it.
  • m33-38: I would probably include the lower chords here instead.

Static

Static

Since you haven't replied and you now have a more workable file, and expressed that anyone is allowed to finish it, I have in fact heavily revised your sheet. Because of this, I added "Edited by Static" to the sheet because I think I made some rather large decisions.

The formatting and measure distribution is much less cramped now, notes have been fixed and changed, the strings of 16th note triplets are now sextuplets, additional articulations have been added, some parts have been swapped (mainly in the final section), and the repeat is now a D.S. The files above have been updated with these changes

In the future, please submit fully finished arrangements. I only finished this one because I had the previous version lying around. But for now, I'll approve.

Latios212

Updated the submission title as well as a couple of small things mostly around the page headers and system spacing. Good to go.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot