Game: Deltarune
Console: PC
Title: Rude Buster
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

For those who don't know, this track is halfway between F# and G minor, so here's a version transposed down a quarter-tone to F# (which is what I arranged it in).
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

I always wondered why Toby made the decision to make the song slightly off-key. But I think it sounds like it's closer to F# than G (not sure why).

Amazing job with this sheet, mastersuperfan! This is the absolute version of Rude Buster for solo piano I've seen anywhere on the Internet. I'll be excited to see this one accepted.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mastersuperfan

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 21, 2019, 02:42:40 PMI always wondered why Toby made the decision to make the song slightly off-key. But I think it sounds like it's closer to F# than G (not sure why).

Amazing job with this sheet, mastersuperfan! This is the absolute version of Rude Buster for solo piano I've seen anywhere on the Internet. I'll be excited to see this one accepted.

Thanks! There are a lot of different piano versions out there, but I tried to keep this one as faithful to the original as possible—which took a lot of thinking and experimentation for some sections, since there are so many different voices to merge into two hands (page 2 especially). Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out. (Even if it is extremely difficult to play...)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Splatoon Inkling

Nice job man! This is a very accurate transcription.

Dekkadeci

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 21, 2019, 02:42:40 PMI always wondered why Toby made the decision to make the song slightly off-key. But I think it sounds like it's closer to F# than G (not sure why).

I personally think it sounds closer to G minor than F sharp minor, but the majority of transcriptions of Rude Buster seem to disagree with me.

As for why this theme is slightly off-key, Toby Fox has a habit of time-stretching some of his works ("Hopes and Dreams" has its original file in B major instead of B flat major, the OST version of "Death By Glamour" is in E minor and is faster than the in-game version, which is in E flat minor (I personally believe the key got changed because Mettaton speaks in E flats)). The time stretcher might have bit him here.

Good job here! I had to check portions of the bassline (especially Bars 17-21), but it turns out I couldn't find any wrong notes.

Greg

Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 22, 2019, 06:52:41 PMI personally think it sounds closer to G minor than F sharp minor, but the majority of transcriptions of Rude Buster seem to disagree with me.
Well, that makes two of us! I actually measured it a while back and it's almost exactly halfway, though.

It was interesting for me to compare this with my two-piano arrangement, you did an amazing job compressing everything into one part.
I had a quick look, just a few comments:
  • At m. 7 I don't think there's a B there (the first note in the RH).
  • For the parallel fifths in m. 13-15, one way to make those more playable might be to remove the fifths from all but the first two notes in those runs. I think that's a bit more interesting than just doing the same thing as m. 9-11, and honestly I doubt those runs are playable at full speed as written.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 21, 2019, 06:30:11 PMNice job man! This is a very accurate transcription.

Quote from: Dekkadeci on April 22, 2019, 06:52:41 PMGood job here! I had to check portions of the bassline (especially Bars 17-21), but it turns out I couldn't find any wrong notes.

Quote from: Greg on April 22, 2019, 09:23:12 PMIt was interesting for me to compare this with my two-piano arrangement, you did an amazing job compressing everything into one part.

Thanks so much! ^.^

Quote from: Greg on April 22, 2019, 09:23:12 PMAt m. 7 I don't think there's a B there (the first note in the RH).

It's definitely there, but yeah, I didn't notice it listening at full speed. You can hear it if you slow it down, though.

Quote from: Greg on April 22, 2019, 09:23:12 PMFor the parallel fifths in m. 13-15, one way to make those more playable might be to remove the fifths from all but the first two notes in those runs. I think that's a bit more interesting than just doing the same thing as m. 9-11, and honestly I doubt those runs are playable at full speed as written.

I like this idea. Thanks! I actually kept the first three fifths instead of the first two, since I think the lower voice cuts out less abruptly that way, but even three fifths in a row might be too hard to play at this speed. Any other opinions would be appreciated.

Latios212

Nice to see something substantial from you again!

- Please standardize page margins - you have enough space to work with to adjust them comfortably.
- M. 11 beat 2.25 LH sounds like an E instead of F#.
- I think there is a F# in the right hand of beat 1.5 of measure 28.
- Try this instead for beat 3 of m. 23 with the grace notes (in m. 22 as well) - grace notes should generally beam upwards and here coincidentally flipping the melody eighth notes downwards to make more space for them also maintains the contour of the main melody better!
You cannot view this attachment.

Everything else looks splendid! Very nice job!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Thanks! Files have been updated. (I didn't include the F# in m28 since I chalked that up to echo, but everything else has been fixed.)

Latios212

Quote from: mastersuperfan on April 30, 2019, 03:06:15 PMThanks! Files have been updated. (I didn't include the F# in m28 since I chalked that up to echo, but everything else has been fixed.)
No problem! That sounds good.

Last thing I would suggest is to lower the first system on pages 2 and 4 a bit to push them away from the header/page numbers a bit (on page 2 you can move the last system up a bit to accommodate) but regardless, I approve.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Latios212 on April 30, 2019, 04:14:00 PMNo problem! That sounds good.

Last thing I would suggest is to lower the first system on pages 2 and 4 a bit to push them away from the header/page numbers a bit (on page 2 you can move the last system up a bit to accommodate) but regardless, I approve.

Updated.

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

This a really great arrangement!  Just got one small suggestion which is to add staccatos onto these notes:
Spoiler
[close]
which I just think would help the feel and phrasing.  You could also put slurs onto them if you wanted to, but I'm not sure that's really necessary.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Libera on May 04, 2019, 10:38:53 AMThis a really great arrangement!  Just got one small suggestion which is to add staccatos onto these notes:
Spoiler
[close]
which I just think would help the feel and phrasing.  You could also put slurs onto them if you wanted to, but I'm not sure that's really necessary.

Thanks! Updated. (I tried to include the slurs, but it looked really weird across the tie from m22-23 no matter how much I played around with the shape, so I just decided to leave them all out.)