NinSheetMusic's 15th Birthday! (+ New Layout)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, April 10, 2019, 11:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splatoon Inkling

Quote from: LeviR.star on April 12, 2019, 02:36:17 PMI'm a day late, but man oh man, is this awesome-looking! I'm not usually an advocate for change on little things, but I'm loving this new layout! It's truly a wonderful 15th birthday present!

Thanks to everyone involved in this! It's an honor being involved in this community.
Same. I generally don't like change, and I thought only the banner was gonna be redone. Nope! I was wrong and I'm glad as it looks much better and is more fun, interesting, and easy to look arounds. Cool new features with it as well. Best update ever. I gotta say you guys work hard, and I'm honored to be part of this awesome community.

AmpharosAndy

Quote from: Splatoon Inkling on April 12, 2019, 01:28:49 PMWith Olimar taking his sheets to a different site most of the Splatoon Sheets have dissapeared.  :'( (Nothing wrong with him doing that, but newer people might not know.) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqRt4IYpo_XX_XM4dQzkWFD65R5YTo39/view?usp=sharing
nobody with a more fitting name to arrange new versions innit
innit

Galactic

I totally dig most of this site update, but just a bit of constructive criticism (a.k.a. a paragraph of me being picky):

I agree that a warmer background color like the old one would feel a bit more home-y and casual.
The new way sheets are displayed when going down takes up a lot more space when scrolling and a lot less sheets are displayed at once as well.  Maybe if we display them in thinner lines like before with a modern font and look? 
Maybe if we re-added a sidebar on the left for quicker access to series?  (The quick access does alleviate this a bit.)

But seriously, I think it's great that you guys revitalized this site overall (the most popular sidebar is really cool)

Winter

15 years, really? That means I've been a user for over half the site's existence o_o

Nice work, Code Monkeys!! I can't wait to see more integration between the main site and forums!

Question, what makes a sheet qualify for top 5 hidden gems?

Splatoon Inkling

Greetings NSM'ers!

Today I am writing to inform you of a new historic find which we have unearthed following months of exploratory work by the staff here at NinSheetMusic. Indeed, we have uncovered a missing section of the banner! This find will certainly rewrite the history books and we're very excited to be able to share the fruits of our labour with you today. But enough excitement from me, first let me explain how it was that we came upon this find.

It was a regular day in the NSM office: sheets were being checked, the mods were polishing the banhammer, I had just eaten my 64th banana for the day and Latios had fallen asleep in one of our many saunas. All of a sudden there was a loud cry... Bespinben had finally opened the Campbell's soup can!! ...hold on a minute, that doesn't sound right. Ahem, where was I? Oh yes, in a flurry of excitement, Latios came running and gathered everyone around. He said that a voice had spoken to him in a dream telling him that there was a missing section of the banner and that as the chosen one, it was his job to find the original Banner Tapestry and restore it to its rightful place. We weren't too sure at first, I mean the whole thing just sounded like some kind of prank. But Latios was truly convinced that the voice was real. He said it sounded deep and magnificent, like a voice from the heavens. Maybe even Morgan Freeman himself! Well that settled it: we would have to go on an expedition to find the original Banner Tapestry and solve the mystery. We consulted the maps and following the mysterious voice's instructions, we charted a course to a distant place across the seas known as Doko Cove. From there we would then go in search of the first Temple of NinSheetMusic.

So it was that on the 32nd of Demisember the staff of NinSheetMusic embarked on its inaugural archaeological expedition, with enough supplies of Belgian Cheese to last twelve months, courtesy of Concerto. After a teary farewell from Zeta and a performance of the Wind's Requiem conducted by Maestro, we set off with a favourable wind in our sails.

No journey is without its hiccups and ours was no different. A brief encounter with pirates almost put a premature stop to our voyage but we manned the cannons and defended our ship with honour. It turns out that Dudeman is quite the silver gunner! On a few occasions we almost ran straight into a maelstrom but he apologised for not looking where he was going.

Our arrival at Doko Cove marked the beginning of our journey into uncharted territory. From here on we would only have the voice of G-Han to guide us, channelled by our spirit guide Jamaha. So with our packs full and Jamaha comfortably relaxing in a portable sauna (it took four of us to carry him!!!) we pressed on into the dense jungle.

To cut an otherwise lengthy, protracted, extended, sprawling, prolonged, drawn out, unending, long-winded and somewhat repetitive story short, we did eventually find the temple. But when we searched inside, the tapestry wasn't there! It had gone! Vanished! All that endless wandering, all that Belgian cheese, and all those freezing nights with nothing to comfort us except our sheets, only to hit a dead end? No, it couldn't be, there had to be more. This wasn't some hideous Hollywood cliché, this was serious business. Fortunately the temple was quite comfy and rather well stocked so we just sat around and played Smash and had ourselves a grand ol' time. How did an ancient ruin on a deserted island come equipped with Smash, you wonder? Don't ask silly questions!

We did eventually decide that it was time to draw our expedition to a close and return home. The journey back was an uneventful one. We didn't see any pirates and we didn't even run into any maelstroms (oh dear, I hope we didn't leave him behind). Upon our return we were greeted by Zeta, who seemed unsurprised that our expedition was fruitless but we didn't think much of it. We were tired and just wanted to rest. That it is until a few days later when Latios called a secret meeting. He had remembered seeing a rainbow hair at the temple and suddenly it hit us all: there is only one person around here with rainbow hair...

Well the good news is that after some heavy interrogation by the mods and numerous threats of using the freshly polished banhammer, Zeta did eventually admit that she had the tapestry the whole time. Apparently she thought we were in need of some sunshine and fresh air after spending countless years up to our necks in sheets (Is Zeta suggesting that we smell? Preposterous! I assure you that we all smell absolutely divine. In fact, next month we will be unveiling our new name, NinSheetMusk).

With the mystery solved and the tapestry recovered we are proud to announce that we are finally able to display the full banner in all its glory! With 10 extra lines of never-before-seen pixels, I'm sure the NSM scholars will be hailing the significance of this find for many years to come. Who knew those hands had wrists? Unheard of. Simply mind boggling.

Once again I am truly excited to share this find with all of you today and I hope you will take the time to admire our newly updated banner.

Sincerely,
Splatoon Inkling
There. Now it's official.

WaluigiTime64

My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Splatoon Inkling