News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

[NDS] Rhythm Heaven - "Rhythm Rally" by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, April 29, 2019, 06:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Rhythm Heaven
Game: Rhythm Heaven
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Rhythm Rally
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

Super on point :D just a few things to point out

- m. 5/9 - sounds like an Em7 chord so I think G instead of F# on the right hand offbeats would work better.
- m. 6/10 - I'd suggest placing the dyads higher to make them easier to reach with the right hand (A-C# instead).
- The chromatic run in m. 15 should be a whole step lower - starting on C# and ending on E.
- I think the lower D's at the end of m. 39 should be E's. The harmony doesn't simply resolve to D there; rather it sets up the resolution.

That's all I got! :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Last small thing I would recommend is a courtesy (non-parenthesized) sharp on the first note of m. 15. Superb!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

WaluigiTime64

aaa this looks hard with all those dyads in the RH (if Latios thinks it's fine then we'll go with it).

I've only really got metadata feedback:
 - To be consistent with other Rhythm Heaven sheets, the title should just be "Rhythm Rally", as we don't refer to the Japanese names at all.
 - Tsunku composed this piece, so the copyright should include "TNX" (Tsunku's company that's credited as part of development).
 - Also at the bottom you've credited Nintendo SPD. This is just the developer (the publisher is "Nintendo"). I'm not sure if we credit individual development teams within Nintendo but if we do then... ok, but combined with the above point I think having three groups listed might be excessive.

The arrangement seems very accurate though!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Libera

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 09, 2019, 07:07:02 PMaaa this looks hard with all those dyads in the RH (if Latios thinks it's fine then we'll go with it).

I agree it is hard, but without them the arrangement might be a little boring and it's an easy omission for the performer if they decide they're too difficult them.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on May 09, 2019, 07:07:02 PMI've only really got metadata feedback:
 - To be consistent with other Rhythm Heaven sheets, the title should just be "Rhythm Rally", as we don't refer to the Japanese names at all.
 - Tsunku composed this piece, so the copyright should include "TNX" (Tsunku's company that's credited as part of development).
 - Also at the bottom you've credited Nintendo SPD. This is just the developer (the publisher is "Nintendo"). I'm not sure if we credit individual development teams within Nintendo but if we do then... ok, but combined with the above point I think having three groups listed might be excessive.

I don't have anything to add on top of the above so if you address this feedback then I can probably sign off on this.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Latios212 on May 09, 2019, 05:32:44 PMLast small thing I would recommend is a courtesy (non-parenthesized) sharp on the first note of m. 15. Superb!
Got it

I changed the sheet name and credited Nintendo. While I was changing things, I realized that checking the box art might be a good place to get copyright info from. Looking at Rhythm Heaven, it looks like copyright is attributed to Tsunku♂ and Nintendo, while TNX is only listed as "co-developed by".

This might be a little off topic, but let me know what you guys think about using box art as a copyright source.

Libera

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 10, 2019, 08:58:10 PMThis might be a little off topic, but let me know what you guys think about using box art as a copyright source.

We should really come up with a concrete copyright system, but for now I think that's fine.  Looks like you got all the above feedback so I'll accept this now! 

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot