Title: Following Stanley
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Quote from: Maelstrom on April 29, 2019, 07:18:04 PMYES
ftfy

DUMDADAADUM DAADUMDAA! DUMDADAADUM DAADUM DAADUM, DUMDADAADUM DAADUMDAA! DUMDADAADUM DAADUM DAADUM, DUMDADAADUM DAADUMDAA! DUMDADAADUM DAADUM DAADUM, DUMDADAADUM DAADUMDAA! DUMDADAADUM DAADUM DAADUM, BABABABUM BAADUM (doo doo doo doo) BABABABUM BAADUM (doo doo doo doo) BABABABUM BAADUM (doo doo doo doo) BABABABUM BAADUM
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

I think it's really cool how this song constantly jumps from a chord to that of its tritone - it derives a lot of quirky energy from that movement.

Anyway, really nice sheet! A few considerations:

- Footer and page 2 header are outside the margins - adjust the system spacing a bit to accommodate (you have lots of room to work with)
- I think there could definitely be some more dynamic variation here. There's a noticeable jump in energy at m. 11, and I think you could definitely be more expressive with some f's or ff's in the B section (19+) :P
- For the left hand some places are pretty easy (like m. 1) and some are quite a bit more demanding (like m. 4). I'd reconsider your inversions in places like this in order to make it a bit easier on the performer, particularly when the hand crossing gets intense (like m. 6). Fortunately the chords are super clear here so it's easy to substitute other chord tones as necessary. (Something to think about for the left hand part here is making it so that only one of the two bass notes requires a jump up to the offbeats. Like in m. 1 you need to jump from the F to the dyad but the C is easily in reach. In m. 6 both the B and F# demand considerable jumps. So for the B chord in m. 4/6 you could try D# on the offbeats below the F# instead of the B above, and for the D chord in m. 8 and 10 try replacing the high D with an F below the A.)
- Beat 4 LH of m. 20 is flipped. Beat 3-4 LH of m. 23 as well. And beat 1 RH of m. 24 and beat 4 RH of m. 29.
- Maybe separate out the lower layer in the whole measure of m. 26/28-29 RH as well?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

Addressed all the things

I did my best to clarify when the right hand is more useful. Also moved notes around in a few places for ease.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty great in general, just a few little things from me.

-I'd combine the two dotted rests in bar 27 into a single dotted minim rest.
-Perhaps melody notes like beat bar 4, beat 3 bar 8 and in similar places would be better as dotted minim's rather than dotted crotchets?  They sound like they're longer to me, but it's probably pretty subjective.

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Libera on May 12, 2019, 12:33:50 PM-I'd combine the two dotted rests in bar 27 into a single dotted minim rest.
Got it

Quote from: Libera on May 12, 2019, 12:33:50 PM-Perhaps melody notes like beat bar 4, beat 3 bar 8 and in similar places would be better as dotted minim's rather than dotted crotchets?  They sound like they're longer to me, but it's probably pretty subjective.
I did change these on purpose at some point because I noticed the voices don't actually hold to the end of the bar. They start off as almost exactly 1 beat and over the course of the song gradually get longer, but they never extend past beat 4.5. I decided to add the tenuto to emphasize they are definitely at least a full beat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Libera

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on May 12, 2019, 12:40:56 PMI did change these on purpose at some point because I noticed the voices don't actually hold to the end of the bar. They start off as almost exactly 1 beat and over the course of the song gradually get longer, but they never extend past beat 4.5. I decided to add the tenuto to emphasize they are definitely at least a full beat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's totally cool, no worries.

Looks good to me!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot