News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[PC] Deltarune - "Hip Shop" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, April 30, 2019, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Undertale
Game: Deltarune
Console: PC
Title: Hip Shop
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

Fun fact: this song & "Thank U, Next" share nearly identical chord progressions.

Libera

Quote from: Yug_Guy on April 30, 2019, 05:53:55 PMFun fact: this song & "Thank U, Next" share nearly identical chord progressions.

If only I knew what that was.  Anyway, checking time!

-Assuming that you're writing the rolled chord separately from the bass note in bars 1, 3 and 9 to show that they're played by different hands, I think you should also write bar 5 and 13 in the same way.  If it wasn't to do that, then it might be worth doing that anyway!
-The 8vas in bar 10 and 14 could do with coming a little more to the left.
-The bottom margin should be 0.5 and the url should be set to v=0 vertical alignment.  You might have to bring the staves up a little bit afterwards to respace things.
-Generally speaking there is movement on the pads in every second bar (like you have written in at bar 8 and bar 16).  It might be awkward to include all the time (but maybe it'd work as a second layer below the melody line?) but certainly it could be added in for bar 6.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on May 02, 2019, 03:53:25 PMIf only I knew what that was.
I swear, every time I think I don't know anything about current popular culture, one of you guys remind me that I could be a lot worse. Anyway...

Quote from: Libera on May 02, 2019, 03:53:25 PM-Assuming that you're writing the rolled chord separately from the bass note in bars 1, 3 and 9 to show that they're played by different hands, I think you should also write bar 5 and 13 in the same way.  If it wasn't to do that, then it might be worth doing that anyway!
My mistake, it was supposed to include the bass from the beginning.

Quote from: Libera on May 02, 2019, 03:53:25 PM-The 8vas in bar 10 and 14 could do with coming a little more to the left.
-The bottom margin should be 0.5 and the url should be set to v=0 vertical alignment.  You might have to bring the staves up a little bit afterwards to respace things.
Fixed

Quote from: Libera on May 02, 2019, 03:53:25 PM-Generally speaking there is movement on the pads in every second bar (like you have written in at bar 8 and bar 16).  It might be awkward to include all the time (but maybe it'd work as a second layer below the melody line?) but certainly it could be added in for bar 6.
I thought about adding them, but it gets quite messy in certain parts. I'm definitely open to suggestions if you have any, though.

mikey

I assumed it was another deltarune/undertale song
unmotivated

Libera

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 04, 2019, 06:50:13 PMI swear, every time I think I don't know anything about current popular culture, one of you guys remind me that I could be a lot worse. Anyway...

Happy to help! :P

Maybe there's some confusion around how to adjust the page margins?  The bottom margin still isn't 0.5; if that's because you just forgot then no worries but there's some confusion around how to actually change the margins do let me know and I can try to help out.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 04, 2019, 06:50:13 PMI thought about adding them, but it gets quite messy in certain parts. I'm definitely open to suggestions if you have any, though.

Hmm, I'm not sure I had any concrete ideas.  Bar 6 could look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
but then when the same figure shows up in bar 14 it'd be awkward to place the E in the same way as it would get in the way of the RH D.  You could drop it by an octave there but I'm not 100% sure about that.  If you've thought about it and decided not to include it then I'm happy with that I think, just worth mentioning.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Libera on May 05, 2019, 04:18:26 AMMaybe there's some confusion around how to adjust the page margins?  The bottom margin still isn't 0.5; if that's because you just forgot then no worries but there's some confusion around how to actually change the margins do let me know and I can try to help out.
Once again, it seems my amazing superpowers of "completely missing the point" manifested when I read your earlier post. The margins should be good now.

Quote from: Libera on May 05, 2019, 04:18:26 AMHmm, I'm not sure I had any concrete ideas.  Bar 6 could look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
but then when the same figure shows up in bar 14 it'd be awkward to place the E in the same way as it would get in the way of the RH D.  You could drop it by an octave there but I'm not 100% sure about that.  If you've thought about it and decided not to include it then I'm happy with that I think, just worth mentioning.
I'll add it into m.6, since otherwise there's not much going on. But yeah, I think m.14 will have to stay the way it currently is for the reasons you just mentioned. 

Libera

Oh whoops I forgot to respond on this.  The edits look good to me, approved!

Maelstrom

great arrangement. I've got one issue - the 8va over m11-12 is both too high and in a weird spot where I can't tell where it ends accurately. Fix that and I approve as well.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Maelstrom on May 06, 2019, 05:23:21 PMI've got one issue - the 8va over m11-12 is both too high and in a weird spot where I can't tell where it ends accurately. Fix that and I approve as well.
u got it dude

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot