News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "The Crest of Flames" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, July 28, 2019, 06:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: The Crest of Flames
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Couldn't be bothered to find the proper song on youtube so here's an MP3 from a gamerip
https://files.catbox.moe/utdpmt.mp3

Latios212

You're looking for "The Crest of Flames". (Thanks, in-game sound test!)

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Screwed it up in 2 different ways - the submission title and the title on the sheet. Both are correct now

edit: Also, I was struggling to find a good measure/system distribution. If anyone can come up with something better, I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Latios212

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 28, 2019, 06:50:26 PMScrewed it up in 2 different ways - the submission title and the title on the sheet. Both are correct now

edit: Also, I was struggling to find a good measure/system distribution. If anyone can come up with something better, I'm open to any and all suggestions.
Haha, you were close - "The Crest of Flames" is just another way of saying "Fire Emblem" :P

For layout, I think a super simple 4 measures per system, with 5 systems on page 1 and 6 on page 2, would work perfectly. I might normally think that the sparse parts look kind of stretched out like that but I think it works here to demonstrate how drawn-out the sound is.

Also, for the composer info, probably list Yuka Tsujiyoko because it's a minor version of the main theme. (And you're missing an "and" in the listing)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Notes look good.  I agree with Latios on the distribution, but I also think that the current staff size (around 0.55cm) is too small and should be brought up to at least 0.6cm.

Other things:

-Koei Tecmo should be Koei Tecmo Games.
-You're missing an opening dynamic.
-Is there any reason why the melody is an octave down in bars 13-20?  You were happy with lowering the accompaniment after that, so I would have thought you have done so here too.

Nice job beating me to the first Three Houses sheet, my one is taking a bit longer.

Maelstrom

At work so I can't it, but I can explain my reasoning. Having it an octave lower is technically more accurate, but is not the only reason I did it that way. First of all, everything after that point can't be the same way because of the octaves. Additionally, it makes the song sound a bit less boring. Although, now that I think about it, it would probably be beneficial to lower the first two bars an octave so the 2nd variation isn't as isolated.

And the only reason I was even able to do this sheet is how short it is. I've spent more time playing three houses since it came out than I'd like to admit, despite working during the day and having events on the weekend.

Maelstrom

Libera

Quote from: Libera on July 30, 2019, 03:55:12 PMbut I also think that the current staff size (around 0.55cm) is too small and should be brought up to at least 0.6cm.

This still.  I can do the maths for you as well and tell you that with a 85% page scaling you should set the staff size to about 0.7cm to get a 0.6cm staff size.  It all still fits on two pages with exactly the same distribution but is just a little easier on the eyes to read.

Everything else looks great!

Maelstrom

Libera

Just adjusted the spacings on the second page on request.  Approved!

Latios212

Looks great. However I'd suggest adjusting the voicings you have a bit in places to make it feel heavier like the original - in particular, m. 1-8 and m. 29-36 sound pretty empty and open and are missing the weight of the original track. Up to you, but I'd suggest making the right hand octaves in m. 1-8 and the left hand octaves in m. 29-36.

Other than that, put the page 2 header info back inside the margins and decrease the space between systems a bit accordingly to fir.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta