News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

[NES] Blaster Master - "Area 1" by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, May 13, 2019, 05:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Blaster Master
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Area 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

LeviR.star

Maybe it's just me talking, or is the LH part going to become a little strenuous after a while? I know that's what's written in the song, but still; I'm not sure how long one hand can keep that up.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 13, 2019, 05:38:42 PMMaybe it's just me talking, or is the LH part going to become a little strenuous after a while? I know that's what's written in the song, but still; I'm not sure how long one hand can keep that up.
I agree that it might get a bit strenuous after a while - I'll wait & see what the updaters say before changing anything.

Latios212

Yeah - I'm having a hard time even matching the original tempo there, unless you had some specific fingering in mind I'm unaware of? Would recommend simplifying it (possibility: taking out the second note in each group) or providing an ossia.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

I tried playing this on my electronic musical instrument keyboard thing, and I found that there's some easier ways to get the same effect from the bassline without having it be exact. Anywhere that looks like m5, make either the top or bottom 16th notes an 8th note instead (or both). Personally, I would go with only the bottom notes being 8th notes. Anyway, onto other stuff:

• Instead of starting at forte, it might be better to start softer and build up to m5, since that's what the music is doing basically.
  • Most of the RH feels fine to play, but beats 3-4 of m10 RH are pretty demanding at tempo. It might be worth getting rid of some of the lower notes, maybe something like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • m13 RH beat 4.5: This 8th note could probably use a staccato.
  • m17 RH: If you want, you can hide the half rest and flip layer 1 down since nothing is playing on beats 1-2 in Layer 2.
  • m31 RH beat 2.5: This 8th note could also probably use a staccato.

That's all I got! Nice sheet.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on May 14, 2019, 05:49:48 PMYeah - I'm having a hard time even matching the original tempo there, unless you had some specific fingering in mind I'm unaware of? Would recommend simplifying it (possibility: taking out the second note in each group) or providing an ossia.
Quote from: Static on May 18, 2019, 09:42:48 PMAnywhere that looks like m5, make either the top or bottom 16th notes an 8th note instead (or both). Personally, I would go with only the bottom notes being 8th notes. Anyway, onto other stuff:
  • Instead of starting at forte, it might be better to start softer and build up to m5, since that's what the music is doing basically.
  • Most of the RH feels fine to play, but beats 3-4 of m10 RH are pretty demanding at tempo. It might be worth getting rid of some of the lower notes, maybe something like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • m13 RH beat 4.5: This 8th note could probably use a staccato.
  • m17 RH: If you want, you can hide the half rest and flip layer 1 down since nothing is playing on beats 1-2 in Layer 2.
  • m31 RH beat 2.5: This 8th note could also probably use a staccato.
Fixed.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot