News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[GB] Tetris - "Title Theme" (Replacement) by Yug Guy

Started by Zeta, May 13, 2019, 05:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Tetris
Console: Game Boy
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Yug Guy

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yug_Guy

No idea what the official name for this piece is, so I'm going with "Title Theme" for now.

LeviR.star

It's about time this sheet got replaced, good work.

Any reason you're missing some of the top harmonies in m.9 and 11? I know the voicing is a little weird, but I just wanted to make sure that was a conscious choice.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 13, 2019, 05:36:11 PMIt's about time this sheet got replaced, good work.
I was thinking the same thing!

This isn't about the arrangement itself (which looks solid to me!) but is there a reason this sheet is classed as "multiplatform"? Even though Tetris itself has probably been on more platforms than any other game, this song only appears in the original Gameboy version as far as I know (and I know some pretty obscure versions of Tetris.)

LeviR.star

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on May 13, 2019, 09:40:40 PMThis isn't about the arrangement itself (which looks solid to me!) but is there a reason this sheet is classed as "multiplatform"? Even though Tetris itself has probably been on more platforms than any other game, this song only appears in the original Gameboy version as far as I know (and I know some pretty obscure versions of Tetris.)

I'm glad you brought this up. We have both the GB and NES versions of Tetris on-site; what I'll suggest again is labeling them properly to avoid confusion (also given that the "original" game never had music of its own).
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Yug_Guy

Quote from: LeviR.star on May 13, 2019, 05:36:11 PMAny reason you're missing some of the top harmonies in m.9 and 11? I know the voicing is a little weird, but I just wanted to make sure that was a conscious choice.
The reason is that the me that made this arrangement a few years ago was dumb.

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on May 13, 2019, 09:40:40 PMThis isn't about the arrangement itself (which looks solid to me!) but is there a reason this sheet is classed as "multiplatform"? Even though Tetris itself has probably been on more platforms than any other game, this song only appears in the original Gameboy version as far as I know (and I know some pretty obscure versions of Tetris.)
Because whoever was the first person to submit a Tetris sheet to the site did it that way. I agree though, that it should be changed to [GB].

(paging @Latios212 and/or @DekuTrombonist)

Latios212

Quote from: Yug_Guy on May 14, 2019, 01:28:34 PM(paging @Latios212 and/or @DekuTrombonist)
Sorry, I took the battery out last week! Updated the platform info and game title. Yeesh, the current one on site looks awful, thanks for submitting this. :P

- Beats 1 and 2 of m. 4 should be Ab instead of Bb.
- Second dyad in m. 16 should be tied instead of re-struck.

One other small thing to consider in m. 23 is prioritizing the new melody over the existing one - namely keeping layer 2 at its original octave and moving layer 1 up to accommodate instead of moving layer 2 down. Up to you though, I don't feel super strongly either way.

Good work!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Latios212 on May 18, 2019, 09:32:59 AM- Beats 1 and 2 of m. 4 should be Ab instead of Bb.
- Second dyad in m. 16 should be tied instead of re-struck.
Fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on May 18, 2019, 09:32:59 AMOne other small thing to consider in m. 23 is prioritizing the new melody over the existing one - namely keeping layer 2 at its original octave and moving layer 1 up to accommodate instead of moving layer 2 down. Up to you though, I don't feel super strongly either way.
I don't feel super strongly about it either, so up an octave it goes.

Latios212

Cool. Just move that quarter rest back up to mid staff height in 23
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Yug_Guy

Libera

Not sure I have anything to add here.  Accepting...

Replacements are always appreciated, so thanks!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot