Game: Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Our Eternal Land
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I was going to sub something else actually, but I don't have the time to fix it up at the moment so here's this instead.

cashwarrior1

I think some phrasing should be added. A lot of this piece is a bunch of phrases layered on top of each other so it'd be helpful to distinguish these for the player.

Maelstrom

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 16, 2019, 04:25:16 PMI think some phrasing should be added. A lot of this piece is a bunch of phrases layered on top of each other so it'd be helpful to distinguish these for the player.
address this (in any way you prefer) and then I approve

Libera

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on May 16, 2019, 04:25:16 PMI think some phrasing should be added. A lot of this piece is a bunch of phrases layered on top of each other so it'd be helpful to distinguish these for the player.

Myself and Maelstrom came up with something.  Hope it's clearer now!

cashwarrior1

Oh yeah, that looks much better! This is my favorite song from this game  ;D

Latios212

This is awesome! I only have a few small things to point out.

- The melody in m. 36 articulates a note before the second chord
- Eighth rest in m. 44 is a notch too low
- Cross staff line in m. 43?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:51:29 PM- The melody in m. 36 articulates a note before the second chord

I think that's just the singer finishing the syllable 'guard' off before the next syllable.  It happens a lot in singing to stick the ends of syllables in consistent places.  I guess I could put it in, but I'm not sure it's worth it since it'll stick out a lot more in the piano part than it does in the original and will ruin the four minim pattern that he has going on here, which I'm sure is the intention.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:51:29 PM- Eighth rest in m. 44 is a notch too low

Yep, fixed.

Quote from: Latios212 on June 15, 2019, 05:51:29 PM- Cross staff line in m. 43?

I think I left it out because it's not one continuous line in the original, but I think the same is true elsewhere in the piece and in some places voicing lines split between different voices in the original together might be the correct approach to take to get something coherent out at the end on piano.  So with that in mind I put it in.

Thanks for checking!

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on June 16, 2019, 02:12:18 AMI think that's just the singer finishing the syllable 'guard' off before the next syllable.  It happens a lot in singing to stick the ends of syllables in consistent places.  I guess I could put it in, but I'm not sure it's worth it since it'll stick out a lot more in the piano part than it does in the original and will ruin the four minim pattern that he has going on here, which I'm sure is the intention.
Okay, sounds good!

Everything else looks great.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot