News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NDS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - "Turnabout Sisters" (Replacement) by Dudeman

Started by Zeta, May 22, 2019, 11:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Ace Attorney
Game: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Turnabout Sisters
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Dudeman

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

Dudeman

Title should be changed to "Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2001".

Due to the way this piece is layered, I found it more visually appealing for tied chords that then separate into different rhythms to all be stemmed in the same direction despite being in two different layers. This worked fine in MuseScore since I have the ability to hide note flags. However, I searched all over Notepad and found no such way to do the same there, meaning there is some messy flag overlap in several places. Please let me know what would look best!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Libera

I don't have time at the moment to do everything, but I've gone through and done a bunch of formatting things.  Namely I think I've fixed all of the noteflags and I adjusted the margins and staff spacing to give everything a bit more room (there were some overlaps before).  I also noticed some of the semiquaver beaming was off in places; I wasn't sure whether that was intentional or not but I fixed it in bars 17 onwards but left it alone before that as I could see more clearly why that might be intentional.  Here are some things I didn't do:
-Subtitle on page 2 and page numbers.
-Not 100% sure on how some of the ties should look, but there are a few places that are awkward at the moment (particularly the last quaver of bar 19, 23, the middle of 25 but there are others).
-Just like the pickup bar I think you're missing a bass lead in at the end of the loop.
-I think this is a piece where slurring the grace notes would be helpful for clarity reasons due to how much is going on sometimes.
-Make the semiquaver rest heights consistent in bars 2, 4 6 etc.
-Some of the grace note positioning is kind of tricky and I was thinking maybe it'd be best to push this to two bars per system just to give all the bars (particularly the second page though) some more space, but I can see why you might be against that.

I might be able to do some more formatting stuff later (maybe next week) but if someone else gets to it before then, awesome.

I haven't checked the notes and stuff yet but this looks sooo much better than the on-site version so thank you!  Here's the file [Libera Edit].

Oh and also I changed the on-site name as requested.

Libera

I've had another look through this and I come bearing more feedback.

-It might just be my ears messing with me, but I feel like the dyads in bar 2 (and all of the bars like it) should have the opposite inversion (i.e. the Eb in the bass rather than the Bb).
-Is there are a reason for writing the bass in bars like 8 and 16 differently to bars 2 and 6 etc.  The movement sounds the same to me.
-As well as the positioning of the semiquaver rests that I pointed out last time, there are some other troublesome ones like in bar 17 and 21 where the rests are inside noteheads.
-I think the right hand tie in bar 4 and 12 would look better flipped so it wasn't going through the notehead.
-Just reiterating that it sounds like the bass should come in at the end of the loop.
-The final chord in the left hand sounds like it's a Gb in the bass rather than an Eb.

Something else to consider: I see that you've put a lot of effort into writing in all of the independent lines, but at times I'm worried that it might be quite demanding to get them to come through correctly.  Particularly I'm thinking of the second layer in bars 17-24.  Let me know how you're thinking about it (if you're leaving it for the performer to leave out at their discretion or something like that.)

Libera

Latios212

I'm going to archive this one for inactivity for now. If you get around to working on it again feel free to resubmit. (Or I or someone else can help you fix/format things one day...)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle