News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Kartix99's Arrangements

Started by Kartix99, June 04, 2019, 06:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kartix99

Hello, again!
I am very new here, so don't expect too much from me...
A half year ago, I arranged Shroom Ridge from Mario Kart DS. I used "Musescore" and had to convert it into a ".mus"-file. Unfortunately I had some problems with the layout and it's not perfect. I would be glad if someone would give me feedback.
PDF
MUS
MID
MSCZ

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Kartix99 on June 04, 2019, 06:16:25 AMI used "Musescore" and had to convert it into a ".mus"-file.
r/suspiciousquotes

Honestly, it didn't turn out too bad considering it's a mscz -> mus conversion. One suggestion I have is that instead of tying the sixteenth notes on the e and &, just have it be an eighth note instead (so have it be sixteenth-eighth-sixteenth instead of sixteenth-sixteenth tied to another sixteenth-sixteenth).

I look forward to seeing what you do next!

Kartix99

Thanks for replying!

I think it's a matter of taste. I personally like it that way, because while playing these Off-Beat parts, you can usually have then a better orientation.

But I am ready to change that, if I have to!

Zeila

Welcome! I think you did a nice job on this one and I have some things to say

- There are some templates for you to use and copy stuff over from your xml import here. And in the future you can also check out the other help boards (or the Discord server I suppose) for additional assistance
- Instead of putting 8va under the LH the whole time, I think it's better to just put "Play LH down an octave" or something along those lines
- I think there should be space between the 'e' and 'a' part of the beat where you are currently tying the 2nd and 3rd sixteenths together, so just make the 3rd one a rest. There are also some other places that would benefit from adding more staccatos (like in m9) or getting rid of ties and leaving space between notes (like in between m21 and 22)

Notes:
- m6 and 14 the last note in the LH sounds like a Db instead of Eb
- m7 beat 3 in the LH, the Bb and C should be Ab and Bb respectively
- m8 this just may be a personal preference thing, but I think it would be better to include the last note (Ab) on beat 4.5 in the RH
- m9 I think it would be good to include a grace note (Db) before the first RH note, and the last two notes should be a Db and Eb instead of Eb and F
- m14 beat 4 RH sounds like sixteenth-eighth-sixteenth instead of eighth-sixteenth-sixteenth
- m18 beats 3.25 and 3.5 sound like an Ab instead of a G in the LH

Also if you want, feel free to post your musescore files too. There are other people here who use musescore over finale, so maybe seeing the original would be beneficial to some

Kartix99

Wow, this was a fantastic review on my arrangement! You are more accurate in a couple of minutes than me in a couple of days.

I added my .mscz-file and have improved the layout. Unfortunately the measures are messed up. Does anyone know a solution?