News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

My Piano Sound on Notepad sounds "Electric"

Started by Gooch, July 31, 2008, 04:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooch

Ok, don't sit there and laugh at me that it sounds electric because it's coming out of the computer. NO, its not that. My piano has always sounded like a piano. Now, when i put in notes it sounds very "Electrical" like a Synthesizer even though i didn't click it. It even sounds like that when i play songs already finished and in my "Save File". So, is it something i've accidentally clicked on in the menu or is my speakers or something?

Ok, so get this, it just crossed my mind that maybe i should exit out of Notepad and go back in. Now, everything is fine! what happened????

MetroidHunter26

did you open a midi and then get to work? cause when ever you open a midi and go to your other sheet that you work on (Like for me a trumpet solo thingy) it would sound electric and not realy great and too much reverb. :P but that might just be my version of Finale Printmusic 07. >__>

Gooch

Yeah, i did open a couple of MIDI's actually. But its fixed now that i just got out then back on. I was a little freaked out at first. And i actually got really mad because i started working on my next FF6 arrangement (the coin song) and i had all the info ready then i get to putting the notes down, and they don't sound right, so i start all over and (because i dont think) i put all the legal stuff on the page and got to work with the same problem. Man, i was starting to get aggrivated. But yeah, It's all done, and i would already have the Coin Song done if my mom didn't have to pay bills and get on the computer. I would finish it tomorrow but i have band camp, so i'll just have to see when i can get it finished.

MetroidHunter26

all right and heres a tip! When you open Midi files and you already have a file and you don't like the sound you can save the Midi file as a mus file and your other file the same and when you open the one your working on it sounds right as it should be! and the midi sounds better too! that's what I usually do and it saves time!

Gooch

megaman64

you can change how the playback sounds by going to  MIDI, then select midi setup....there should be a box with a downward arrow that would say either "Softmusic" etc or "Windows" etc. i forget exactly what it says..if the windows one is selected, the playback will sound more "electric" and if the softmusic (might be different but similar name) sounds more "real". it at least works this way for printmusic. as for the reverb go to WINDOW, then instrument list....at the bottom there should be a couple of reverb options, you can select plate or none for little to none (of course) reverb or set the amount with a number in the box to the right