News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Finale Questions

Started by ALPRAS, August 01, 2008, 11:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALPRAS

In the Finale 20007, how can I make the "Anacrusa" (In Portugal, we call it in this way),

Parker2334

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Composer #40

In American English please?

It happens Every. Day!

KefkaticFanatic

Describe it.  It's probably the only way we'll know what you mean.

me irl
[close]

Palagerini

Quote from: Wikipediat's called anacrusa a note or group of notes without accent at the beginning of a sentence and placed before the bar is therefore just before the first half strong.

Se puede también utilizar este término hablando del compás que contiene dicha(s) nota(s). You can also use this term talking about the bar that contains (s) note (s).

Cuando existe anacrusa,los pulsos usados se suelen restar al último compás. When there anacrusa, pulses are often used to subtract last beat.

En una analogía con el idioma castellano , si la palabra "anaCRUsa" fuera usada como letra de una canción, su sílaba acentuada (la tercera) se utilizaría en el primer tiempo de un compás . In an analogy with the Castilian language, if the word "upbeat" was used as song lyrics, his syllable pronounced (the third) would be used in the first half of a meter. Consecuentemente, "a-na" resulta ser la "Anacrusa" de "a-na-CRU-sa". Consequently, "a-na" is the "upbeat" from "in-CRU-na-sa." De este modo se forma anacrusa cuando en un verso hay sílabas precedentes a la primera tónica. This will form anacrusa when there is a verse in syllables preceding the first keynote.

Ejemplo, en tiempo 4/4: Example, in time 4 / 4:

Ritmo:  1    2    3    4    1    2    3    4    1    2    etc. Rhythm: 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2. Letra:  -    -    a    na   CRU  sa   a    na   CRU  sa  etc. Lyrics: - - na sa CRU a na sa CRU.

hm... wierd how it said the english and spanish version =/. i honestly really don't get it.. but i don't get the rest of music study either.. =P.
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

ALPRAS

It's called anacrusa a note or group of notes without accent at the beginning of a sentence and placed before the bar is therefore just before the first half strong.

I knew that the american name of anacrusa was different but I dont know how I call...

Parker2334

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 02, 2008, 08:48:34 AMIt's called anacrusa a note or group of notes without accent at the beginning of a sentence and placed before the bar is therefore just before the first half strong.

I knew that the american name of anacrusa was different but I dont know how I call...

Could it be pick-up notes?

Palagerini

Quote from:  AnswerbagA "pickup" is a musical statement -- typically one note played as an upbeat -- occuring before the downbeat of your first measure.

e.g., A note played on the "4" of the count before the "1" of the first measure of the song.

This is referred to as an anacrusis.

correct =P
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Parker2334

Brawler4Ever

To make one...um...leave the area of the measure that you don't need blank/with rests. End the measure with what you need. I can't do Anacrusi/pick-up notes either.  :-\
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Palagerini

well if u have a higher version of finale u can. when u make a new composition it asks u if u want a pick up note...
<ktp753>ouch.

Composer #40

In 2008 versions; You go to the tool bar, go to document, the pick-up measure option should be the 5th from the top.

It happens Every. Day!

ALPRAS

Thanks then. Now I know it is a pick up xD