News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[3DS] Fire Emblem Fates - "Lament" by Libera

Started by Zeta, July 12, 2019, 07:47:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem Fates
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: Lament
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Decided to fix up one of my sheets from earlier this year.

Play As All Stars Fall before this for extra sadness, if you desire.

Libera

I made some minor edits to spacings and also showed a crescendo that was unintentionally hidden.

Latios212

Sorry for the wait. Here's some stuff!
- How about LH tremolos as pickups to m. 1 and 5 similar to the pickup to m. 9?
- You could try making the top melody octaves in m. 5-9 to make it stand out more.
- Hearing a Bb below the chord on beat 2 of m. 9, not the Eb within it.
- Thoughts about making the LH treble clef fro m. 7 beat 2 to the end of m. 24?
- I think the LH Bb in m. 19 should have an Ab under it
- RH in m. 30-31 is missing a few subtle notes I think are needed to flesh out the right hand a bit better. Hearing Cn under the two F's in m. 30, and Ab under the Eb in m. 31.
- Small suggestion: flipping the group of four eighth notes in the measures at the end to make the downward contour to the lower staff more apparent.
- It sounds to me like the LH chords in m. 33+ should be inverted up once or twice to produce a somewhat lighter sound.

Other than that, looks great! Glad to see more Fates stuff going up.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Pretty much everything was fixed except a few things:

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2019, 04:48:17 PM- How about LH tremolos as pickups to m. 1 and 5 similar to the pickup to m. 9?

I added one at the start but I left it out in m.5 as I felt it would be too distracting.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2019, 04:48:17 PM- RH in m. 30-31 is missing a few subtle notes I think are needed to flesh out the right hand a bit better. Hearing Cn under the two F's in m. 30, and Ab under the Eb in m. 31.

I don't hear the Ab in bar 31, but I did hear an F underneath the Eb so I added that.

Also this is one of those sheets that I swear every time I look at it I find more stuff to improve.  I added a missing note in bar 2 and added a roll on the first chord in bar 1.  I also adjusted some rolls here and there.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2019, 04:48:17 PM- It sounds to me like the LH chords in m. 33+ should be inverted up once or twice to produce a somewhat lighter sound.

A good point, although I feel like the really important thing here is to get a consistent sound which I certainly wasn't before but which I now am.  (This was achieved only by inverting chords upwards so you'll be happy anyway!)

Thanks for checking, and no worries about the wait.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on August 05, 2019, 05:11:12 PMI don't hear the Ab in bar 31, but I did hear an F underneath the Eb so I added that.
Listening again I hear both. It's got the sound of Bb7sus4.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on August 05, 2019, 05:31:45 PMListening again I hear both. It's got the sound of Bb7sus4.

Hmm it's pretty quiet, at least to me anyway, but I've added it.  Also I put in an extra An in bar 30 below the chord.

Latios212

Sounds good.

You cannot view this attachment.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

First of all, can you never post that picture ever again latios.
thanks

Secondly, this is the 2nd sheet in a row I'm accepting that has a good ost while being a bad game, but even more so in each direction than FFXIII.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot