News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[MUL] Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards - "Theme Song" by Nine Lives

Started by Zeta, July 11, 2019, 05:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Theme Song
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

For reference:
Before I get any help with formatting on the sheets, I'd like to keep them as is for now so I can fix any articulations and other odds and ins in Musescore so I won't have any trouble making the suggested changes because of the limited features of Finale Notepad. Once all of those are good to go, I'd then like the help with the formatting. Thanks for understanding!

Static

Very nice sheet! I'm always happy to see more adventurous arrangements like these find their way to NSM... Now for some feedback:

• m3, 24 beat 3.5 RH: When you have 2 8th notes tied across beats 1-2 or 3-4, you should make them a single quarter note.
  • m6, m9 beat 2.5 RH: I would make the Dbs C#s instead, since this note actually is part of a chord (A major) rather than a continuation of the chromatic line.
  • Nice attention to details with your articulations, but there are a few I disagree with: m6 and m9 sound the same to me, and m1 and m22 sound the same (but keep m24 the way it is, that staccato is definitely there on beat 2).
  • I would put this piece in cut time rather than 4/4 (without changing note values/tempo), since it has that kind of double-time feel (almost like a ragtime piece).

I'll fix up the formatting and add page numbers and swing playback once these things are fixed.

NineLives

Quote from: Static on August 04, 2019, 04:40:24 PMVery nice sheet! I'm always happy to see more adventurous arrangements like these find their way to NSM.
I'm glad you like the piece! As for the changes, all have been accounted for, so it's ready for you to format. Thanks for the help!

Static

Quote from: NineLives on August 05, 2019, 07:33:20 AMI'm glad you like the piece! As for the changes, all have been accounted for, so it's ready for you to format. Thanks for the help!
Always glad to help! I made some formatting changes so it's all on one page now, added measure numbers, added swing playback, and made a few extra changes for you that I didn't notice before: I split up the dotted half rest in the pickup bar since generally in 4/4 you don't use dotted rests; The D#s in m4 and m25 were changed to Ebs (F#dim7 chord); The A# in m11 LH was changed to a Bb (chromatic descent to the A in m12).

With this all done, I now approve of this sheet.

Libera

Looks pretty good, just one thing: unlike the previous times the C# on beat 4 in the left hand of bar 31 is actually a An, surprisingly enough.  Other than that I think this is pretty neat.

Static

Since that note is just a minor issue, I went ahead and edited the files again with that change. Should be good to go now!

Zeta