NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Author Topic: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Observatory Dome" by LeviR.star  (Read 57 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Galaxy
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Observatory Dome
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

LeviR.star

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Observatory Dome" by LeviR.star
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 01:57:08 AM »

Title is from the European version of the Club Nintendo-exclusive album, Super Mario Galaxy: Original Soundtrack.

Just a few things I'd like to address here, because I failed to get anyone's help on this before I submitted it:

- the first measure was improvised with a two-hand rolled chord. Is the stem supposed to be connected like I have it for this type of rolled chord?
     - also on the first bar, I tried my best to pick out the pitches I heard. This rolled chord is the best idea I had for replicating what was in the original, but I'm all ears if someone else has any ideas to share
- is the caesura positioned correctly in the last bar? I had to make a manual adjustment based off of pictures I could find of its use
- am I crazy, or is the chord in m. 2, 4, 6, and 8 the only one to have a note an octave below the fifth? Are not all of the chords triads?
- I assume either simile or ped. simile will work for m. 4?
- the key signature is complete guesswork. I felt I had not much to base it on, other than the shere number of accidentals in the song
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

My arrangements and compositions!

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeeeâ„¢
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:32:12 AM »

Ayy good to see you expanding your arrangement horizon once again with these... weird synth-y sounds.

Just a few things I'd like to address here, because I failed to get anyone's help on this before I submitted it:

- the first measure was improvised with a two-hand rolled chord. Is the stem supposed to be connected like I have it for this type of rolled chord?
     - also on the first bar, I tried my best to pick out the pitches I heard. This rolled chord is the best idea I had for replicating what was in the original, but I'm all ears if someone else has any ideas to share
- is the caesura positioned correctly in the last bar? I had to make a manual adjustment based off of pictures I could find of its use
- am I crazy, or is the chord in m. 2, 4, 6, and 8 the only one to have a note an octave below the fifth? Are not all of the chords triads?
- I assume either simile or ped. simile will work for m. 4?
- the key signature is complete guesswork. I felt I had not much to base it on, other than the shere number of accidentals in the song
For the intro - it's fine to connect the stem like that if you like for a large rolled chord. But I don't think that's the best way to notate what's going on here. I'd suggest trying something like this since it doesn't all happen in quick succession like your sheet now implies (just a sketch, feel free to interpret it differently)

I think the caesura should be moved more to the right.

The chords you mentioned in m. 2/4/6/8 - I do hear the low Ab in the right hand in those if that's what you mean. I feel like I'm hearing E flats in those chords as well but I may be imagining that.

Yeah, the pedal markings you have are fine. I'd suggest sticking one in the first measure too, though.

Not too sure about the key signature. But it looks reasonable to me.

Also, when rolling a chord at the beginning of a piece it's probably easier to make an invisible pickup measure to make the playback work than adding another hidden staff. (I've seen or done this before several times)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

• Nintendo Nocturne
  • The Game Boi Arranger ~ Game Boy Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 01:33:45 AM »

Ayy good to see you expanding your arrangement horizon once again with these... weird synth-y sounds.
For the intro - it's fine to connect the stem like that if you like for a large rolled chord. But I don't think that's the best way to notate what's going on here. I'd suggest trying something like this since it doesn't all happen in quick succession like your sheet now implies (just a sketch, feel free to interpret it differently)

I see what you're saying. I've fixed up a first sketch of my own, what do you think? I think at the moment, something's missing; I may have to re-do it.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

My arrangements and compositions!

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 23 queries.