Game: Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Sunset Wilds
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Nine Lives

[attachment deleted by admin]

NineLives

Reference:
Similar to my other submission, I'd like help with the sheet's formatting saved for last so I can fix any mistakes regarding accidentals, notation, and so on first. Thanks!

Static

Thanks for doing this one, it's probably one of my favorite Mario Kart tracks/themes of all time.

Now for some feedback stuff:
    • This song is actually in the key of G Major, but if you would prefer to have no sharps in the key signature to match the G mixolydian mode used in the piece, you're welcome to do so.
    • m3-10 RH: Generally, I like the harmonies you chose instead to make them closer to the melody. However, the melody is unnecessarily obscured by the other notes. To fix this, I would move the Gs on beat 1 of m4, 6, 8, and 10 to the 1st layer, and make the Es on beats 3-4 of m3, 5, 7 and 9 Gs (below the melody) instead. A general rule of thumb is to always keep the melody in its own layer so the reader knows what parts to bring out or to leave as an accompaniment. Here's what I mean:
      Spoiler
      [close]
    • Anywhere you have 2 8th notes tied over beats 1-2 or 3-4 (like in m11 and m15), make those a quarter note. You only need to use ties for 8th notes across barlines or across
    • m3-10 RH: All 8th notes should have staccatos here.
    • There are other spots like above where there could be some extra articulations. In general, the sheet is very inconsistent about articulation placement.
    • m35: The RH isn't doing much here, so you could move the current LH part to the RH and add the original bassline. I think this would give the ending a much more rich sound like in the original.

Nice arrangement!

NineLives

I'm glad you like the piece. I'm working on your fixes as we speak but about the tied eighth notes:
Quote from: Static on July 15, 2019, 04:18:59 PM
  • Anywhere you have 2 8th notes tied over beats 1-2 or 3-4 (like in m11 and m15), make those a quarter note. You only need to use ties for 8th notes across barlines or across
You didn't quite finish the sentence, but I think I fixed the first half of what you were talking about.

NineLives

Well, regardless, I think I got most of your listed changes set in motion. Thanks for those!

Static

Quote from: NineLives on July 15, 2019, 07:48:10 PMYou didn't quite finish the sentence, but I think I fixed the first half of what you were talking about.
Oh oops, sorry, that was dumb; I was going to say that you only need to tie across barlines or across beats 2-3.

Anyways, the sheet looks great! I would just move the mezzoforte in m11 since it's clashing with some notes around it. Also, maybe you could find a way to incorporate the banjo part in beats 3-4 of m13? It's not really necessary but it's a cool little part.

NineLives

Latios212

Quote from: NineLives on July 15, 2019, 02:59:09 PMSimilar to my other submission, I'd like help with the sheet's formatting saved for last so I can fix any mistakes regarding accidentals, notation, and so on first. Thanks!
Everything looks good, so I went and updated the formatting - check the OP for new files! I approve this one.

One small suggestion I have is to separate the layers in m. 13 to differentiate the banjo part. I'll leave that up to you guys if you want to or not.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Looks great, Latios, I just went ahead and moved some of the staccato markings in m4, 6, 8, and 10 now that the 2nd layer rests are gone. All that's left is that one bit in m13. Personally, I think it might be better to differentiate the layers to clearly show the melody. But it's up to you.

NineLives

Thanks for the formatting, Latios!
Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2019, 07:46:00 PMOne small suggestion I have is to separate the layers in m. 13 to differentiate the banjo part. I'll leave that up to you guys if you want to or not.
About this, um... I'm unsure how to go about with that. The banjo part sort of mixes in with the melody as well. Mostly the B's in the counts 3-4. On Notepad it kind of looks odd. I don't often work with layers, so it could just be me.

NineLives

Well, there's what it looks like. I looked over the manual and can't seem to find how to hide the rest on the second layer, so that'll be a little fix I'll need assistance with.

Static

Looks great! I hid the rests for you, and also flipped some articulations around, adjusted system spacing on page 1, adjusted some dynamics placement, and added a couple more articulations in m20-24. With all of that out of the way, I think it's time for me to accept this sheet.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Static.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot