Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Maelstrom

Love this song.

A few things:
Did you miss the tie in m31 b4?
Maybe forget the grace notes in m6 and similar. I know it's kind of pointless to bring up playability issues about this sheet, but the 2nd grace note is a restrike which makes it pretty much impossible to play. It sounds perfectly fine, if not slightly better, without them so that's what I advise you to do.
m56 LH - I can't hear that half note being held. Honestly, I'd recommend just combining the layers and writing it as a quarter tied to a 16th (this means the E on b2.75 would be tied over to a 16th in b3)

And my big issue:
m5 and the like. I hear a C#, not a B for the 2nd half of that measure in the RH. However, that C# seems to be the melody. To emphasize that note, I'd recommend writing it like so:

The inversion is something you can choose to include or not, but I recommend it as it better preserves the shape of the phrase.

Http should be https

Can you do something to line up the dynamics in the system of m32 a bit? It'd make it look nicer. Same with m53's system but it's nowhere near as bad.

Static

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMLove this song.
Same.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMDid you miss the tie in m31 b4?
You mean in the LH? No, those notes are actually repeated. It's kind of tricky to play, but not impossible (there's a similar part in m53).

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMMaybe forget the grace notes in m6 and similar. I know it's kind of pointless to bring up playability issues about this sheet, but the 2nd grace note is a restrike which makes it pretty much impossible to play. It sounds perfectly fine, if not slightly better, without them so that's what I advise you to do.
I think the grace notes are the most distinctive part of that measure in the original track, but I'll take out the 2nd one. I didn't notice it was the same note right before, oops. Also, because the A is in the middle of the F# and C#, it makes it even harder to play since its lowered.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMm56 LH - I can't hear that half note being held. Honestly, I'd recommend just combining the layers and writing it as a quarter tied to a 16th (this means the E on b2.75 would be tied over to a 16th in b3)
Done. Even though the 2nd layer technically isn't a part of the melody, it just looks way cleaner as one layer.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMAnd my big issue:
m5 and the like. I hear a C#, not a B for the 2nd half of that measure in the RH. However, that C# seems to be the melody. To emphasize that note, I'd recommend writing it like so:

The inversion is something you can choose to include or not, but I recommend it as it better preserves the shape of the phrase.
I hear the C#s also instead of Bs, but I still think the melody goes up to the G# rather than down. However, putting the C#s on every note means there will be annoying repeated notes. I think repeated notes work fine in small doses like in m31, or as climactic parts in m53, but having a lot of them right next to each other and with tricky rhythms in both hands makes them a bit too difficult I think. So, I only put the C#s on beat 3.25 of those measures. I don't think taking out those notes really takes away from the overall sound too much.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMHttp should be https
Done.

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 13, 2019, 05:03:28 PMCan you do something to line up the dynamics in the system of m32 a bit? It'd make it look nicer. Same with m53's system but it's nowhere near as bad.
Done, for both sections.

Maelstrom

I approve after one thing:
You changed the m5 but not m41 and the same elsewhere. Was that intentional?

Static

No, that was just me forgetting to change it. It should be fixed now.

Latios212

I can't find anything wrong here... haha this is really solid
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot

Static

Making a quick reply because I noticed I accidentally deleted the F# that was on beat 1.25 of m7 LH. All the files have been fixed and updated.