Series: Final Fantasy
Game: Romancing SaGa
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: The Conflict
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

You know I was just talking to Static about how there weren't any (named) SaGa sheets on site.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on August 07, 2019, 02:43:46 PMYou know I was just talking to Static about how there weren't any (named) SaGa sheets on site.

What a funny coincidence! Strange how life works that way...

Assuming this sheet is accepted, it will be the fifth sheet from the SaGa series on the site (the others being from The Final Fantasy Legend and Final Fantasy Legend II).
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Quote from: Libera on August 07, 2019, 02:43:46 PMYou know I was just talking to Static about how there weren't any (named) SaGa sheets on site.
Yeah, I'm really glad to see more SaGa here. Very nice sheet.

Some stuff:
  • m1 beat 3: Bbs should be A#s, Dbs should be C#s (F# major chord).
  • m2 beat 1: Db should be C# (A major chord).
  • m2 beat 3: Abs should be G#s, Cbs should be Bns (E7 chord).
  • m6 RH: At this tempo, its a bit cumbersome to play a big arpeggio with repeated notes with just one hand. I would either probably remove the lower note on every beat, or change the lower note to be an octave below instead of a third or fourth.
  • m10 LH: I would move the first C natural to be in the 1st layer since it's a continuation of that little chromatic line, and leave the bass in the 2nd layer. For that bass part, I would make the slur start on beat 3.5 and go to beat 4, with another staccato on beat 4 like on b4.5.
  • m10, 12 RH: You can put those whole notes in the 2nd/3rd layers into the first layer instead, since those notes are repeated later in the measure. It just helps to simplify things visually without changing how it'll sound when played.

Everything else looks pretty good!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on August 08, 2019, 12:16:28 PM- m1 beat 3: Bbs should be A#s, Dbs should be C#s (F# major chord).
- m2 beat 1: Db should be C# (A major chord).
- m2 beat 3: Abs should be G#s, Cbs should be Bns (E7 chord).

Sounds great, accidentals adjusted.

Quote from: Static on August 08, 2019, 12:16:28 PM- m6 RH: At this tempo, its a bit cumbersome to play a big arpeggio with repeated notes with just one hand. I would either probably remove the lower note on every beat, or change the lower note to be an octave below instead of a third or fourth.

I was a little uneasy about this measure myself, but if you'll give me permission, I'll remove the lower notes. It doesn't mix well with the bass line, so I'll just change the RH.

Quote from: Static on August 08, 2019, 12:16:28 PM- m10 LH: I would move the first C natural to be in the 1st layer since it's a continuation of that little chromatic line, and leave the bass in the 2nd layer. For that bass part, I would make the slur start on beat 3.5 and go to beat 4, with another staccato on beat 4 like on b4.5.

Didn't know if I would over-complicate it if I tried this myself, but I think I understand what you want. Like that?

Quote from: Static on August 08, 2019, 12:16:28 PMm10, 12 RH: You can put those whole notes in the 2nd/3rd layers into the first layer instead, since those notes are repeated later in the measure. It just helps to simplify things visually without changing how it'll sound when played.[/li][/list]

I worked through those measures and ended up eliminating the 3rd layer entirely. How does that look?

Static

Looks great! Those layer edits look exactly how I was thinking; sorry if I was unclear. Anyways, I approve of this sheet.

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on August 07, 2019, 01:45:59 PM
You cannot view this attachment.
Looks great to me all the same! :D

Minor aesthetic things:
- Is there a reason why the second half of m. 11 RH is flipped?
- I'd suggest flipping the pickup at the end of m. 18 up to conform with the rest of the phrase.
- You could write the layers in m. 30 like this - it'd help phrasing leading into the dyad in m. 31:
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 11, 2019, 07:20:56 PM- Is there a reason why the second half of m. 11 RH is flipped?

Y'know, I'm not exactly sure. I'll flip that.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 11, 2019, 07:20:56 PM- I'd suggest flipping the pickup at the end of m. 18 up to conform with the rest of the phrase.

That makes sense to me, and it looks better, too; done.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 11, 2019, 07:20:56 PM- You could write the layers in m. 30 like this - it'd help phrasing leading into the dyad in m. 31:

I couldn't do this without the E# doing a re-strike (because it would be a tie switching layers), so I did a little handiwork with hidden notes and dynamics to make it sound normal in the playback. And it looks normal, too, I hope

Files adjusted. For the note checking process, Static told me he would use a SNES channel-splitting tool if it came down to it. All I know is that I want all necessary harmonies present and all unnecessary ones eliminated from my sheet.

Latios212

Nice. But the slur in m. 11 and the notes in m. 30 are still flipped :P
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on August 12, 2019, 03:31:54 PMNice. But the slur in m. 11 and the notes in m. 30 are still flipped :P

Hmm, not sure what happened there. Fixed.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot