[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Ever Grande City" (Replacement) by Latios21

Started by Zeta, August 07, 2019, 06:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Ever Grande City
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty good to me, just a few things.

-I think that the Fs on beat 2 of bar 3-4 in the left hand should be lengthened to crotchets, like you actually have later on (the final bar for example.)
-You could try incorporating the trumpets a bit more for the second time (bars 13-20).  You have them in for a few bars but you could probably get more in.  In particular I'm thinking about the really nice sixths movement in bars 16-17 as being a really easy and effective place to add them in.
-There are some hidden directions on the musx which I assume aren't meant to be there?  In which case you could just get rid of them rather than hiding them (not particularly important, I know.)

I'm always happy to see more Hoenn stuff, so thanks for that!

Latios212

You're welcome, and thanks for checking! :)

Quote from: Libera on August 12, 2019, 10:51:32 AM-I think that the Fs on beat 2 of bar 3-4 in the left hand should be lengthened to crotchets, like you actually have later on (the final bar for example.)
Oops! Good catch.

Quote from: Libera on August 12, 2019, 10:51:32 AM-You could try incorporating the trumpets a bit more for the second time (bars 13-20).  You have them in for a few bars but you could probably get more in.  In particular I'm thinking about the really nice sixths movement in bars 16-17 as being a really easy and effective place to add them in.
Hmm I wrote out the whole thing but wasn't sure how much I wanted to keep. Spoke a bit on Discord and decided to write in a bit in m. 16-17 as lower harmonies.

Quote from: Libera on August 12, 2019, 10:51:32 AM-There are some hidden directions on the musx which I assume aren't meant to be there?  In which case you could just get rid of them rather than hiding them (not particularly important, I know.)
Ah yeah I sometimes write notes to myself via hidden directions to re-think about/finalize before posting the final version. The note at the beginning can go; the repeat marking at the end is intentional to make playback work right because of the courtesy key change.

Also while looking at this again I noticed the beat 4 rest in m. 20 was accidentally split, so I condensed that back into a dotted quarter rest.

Files updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• m4 RH Layer 3: The last 8th note sounds like it shouldn't be staccato.
  • m24 RH: You should put some articulations here (similar to m1-2).
  • If you want to add even more trumpet notes, I would suggest the triplet on beat 4 of m17 (maybe some stuff in m18 too). Up to you though.

That's all I got. Nice sheet!

Latios212

Thanks! Ah good catch on the first two, updated. I wasn't too keen on adding too many more trumpet notes before m. 19 so I think I'll keep it as is. The melody in m. 18 is new and different enough from before to generate enough interest anyway, I think.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Alright, sounds good for the m18 stuff. Everything else also looks great, so I'll go ahead and accept.

Zeta