[MUL] Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - "Interminable Dilemma (Final Decision)" by Zeila

Started by Zeta, August 09, 2019, 02:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
Console: Multiplatform
Title: Interminable Dilemma (Final Decision)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Zeila

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zeila

This is the only OST listing I found, and while the name "Interminable Dilemma" is there, there are two versions of the credits song. The (Final Decision) part came from the game title screen when you're about to finish the true ending

Maelstrom

Fantastic arrangement. I only have one suggestion: have you considered an 8vb for the LH in m22-37? It would make it much, much easier to sightread.

Address this and I approve

Zeila

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 28, 2019, 05:04:38 PMFantastic arrangement. I only have one suggestion: have you considered an 8vb for the LH in m22-37? It would make it much, much easier to sightread.
Thank you! I wasn't sure if it was necessary so I left it out originally, but I just put one in. I also flipped one of the ties in the last two measures

Libera

This looks pretty good.  I've had a check through and this is what I found:

-The alignment on nearly every bar is off, just clicking on them should get the spacings right.  You'll probably need to manually mess around with system 5 on page 4 though, as otherwise the roll in bar 66 won't have enough space.
-The top layer that comes in at bar 71 isn't there in the repeats and also I don't see any reason not to start it on beat 1.5 as it does in the original.  It's not that hard to bring your hand up in time for it after the chord.  Also for bar 71, I think that it'd look nicer with the layers flipped around and with the use of an 8va.  Something like this perhaps?  (Also note that in this picture I had to add in some extra space at the start of the bar to give the roll enough space between it and the repeat marking.)
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
-As well as that top layer not being in the repeat, it sounds like there's another line similar to in 76 in bar 72 (on the repeat) so it might just be better to write the whole thing out since you're got the two systems of space there anyway.
-This is what I can hear for the bass in bar 45, which is slightly different to yours.  Notably it ends on beat 3 rather than on 2.75.
Spoiler
[close]
-I'm not sure it's worth differentiating between double dotted minims and dotted minim + quaver rest in bars 5-12.  I'd just use one and stick with it.
-I think the piano lines continues into bar 70 slightly with two Fb -> Eb quavers.  Also there's some chromatic bass stuff in bar 70 that I suppose you purposefully omitted because it didn't work all that well on piano, at least that's what I guessing anyway.
-You've written fade out in 71 but the video you linked just ends abruptly.  Does it fade out in the in-game version?
-Is the only difference between the two versions of this track that this one has strings?  The version I found an mp3 of seemed to be the same except missing strings.

And of course I'll sort out the articulations afterwards.

Zeila

Quote from: Libera on August 29, 2019, 07:44:49 AM-The top layer that comes in at bar 71 isn't there in the repeats and also I don't see any reason not to start it on beat 1.5 as it does in the original.  It's not that hard to bring your hand up in time for it after the chord.  Also for bar 71, I think that it'd look nicer with the layers flipped around and with the use of an 8va.  Something like this perhaps?  (Also note that in this picture I had to add in some extra space at the start of the bar to give the roll enough space between it and the repeat marking.)
Spoiler
[close]
Done, although I didn't start it on beat 1.5 because I missed those two notes <_<

Quote from: Libera on August 29, 2019, 07:44:49 AM-This is what I can hear for the bass in bar 45, which is slightly different to yours.  Notably it ends on beat 3 rather than on 2.75.
Spoiler
[close]
I think the last note is an octave lower, at least in relation to the notes before it, but I changed everything else

Quote from: Libera on August 29, 2019, 07:44:49 AM-I think the piano lines continues into bar 70 slightly with two Fb -> Eb quavers.  Also there's some chromatic bass stuff in bar 70 that I suppose you purposefully omitted because it didn't work all that well on piano, at least that's what I guessing anyway.
Yeah, just why I left out the chord pulse things. I added the piano line to m70

Quote from: Libera on August 29, 2019, 07:44:49 AM-You've written fade out in 71 but the video you linked just ends abruptly.  Does it fade out in the in-game version?
You're right, the original doesn't fade out either. I took it out

Quote from: Libera on August 29, 2019, 07:44:49 AM-Is the only difference between the two versions of this track that this one has strings?  The version I found an mp3 of seemed to be the same except missing strings.
No, this one also includes an additional bass part and the Morphogenetic Sorrow portion is extended (so instead of the 3/4 section, the non-true ending version cuts to m71 and repeats that section twice with the first one omitting some of the extra layers)

Thanks! I updated the other stuff you mentioned as well

Libera

All looks good to me.

I've updated the files with the articulations fixed and will now be accepting!  Nice stuff.

Zeta