News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "As Swift as Wind" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, August 10, 2019, 01:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: As Swift as Wind
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

I don't have time tonight to do a full check on this, but I found I few things that stood out to me:

-I'm almost 100% convinced that the final eight bars should look like this:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
It's just a normal eight bar phrase but with some 5/4 bars scattered around in a fairly regular fashion.
-The bass is missing a few notes here and there from the original (bars 9-12 is a good place to listen to see what I mean), which are admittedly ghost notes played on the bass which we can't do on the piano but the missing rhythms is not ideal.  I'll leave you to decide whether you want to remedy that by throwing in some appropriate pitches for the missing rhythms.
-http to https!  And still it should be Koei Tecmo Games, right?
-Double barline when leaving the B section at bar 41?
-Bar 7 right hand beats 3-4, I'm hearing this:
Spoiler
[close]
And the same thing for bar 15.
-I am not hearing any sort of thing like you have written in in beats 3-4 for bar 11.
-In the right hand of bar 5, bar 9 etc (everywhere this figure comes up) the last C I'm hearing as a Bb.  Also the rhythm sounds slightly different to me, with an extra semiquaver on beat 3.25.
-The middle tie could do with adjusting in the chord in bar 20.
-Beat 3.25 in bar 48 (using my own bars and bar numberings here) of the bass I'm hearing as a Eb rather than an F.

Edit: Some more things now that I'm checking it fully.

-In bars 18 and 22 left hand I'm hearing the Db Eb at the end of the bar as C Eb.
-The off beat chords in bars 25-40 seem a bit more complicated than you have written and I'm not really sure about the bass notes you written in here.  I don't really hear any bass notes in the original and I think that everything would be better just kept in off beat chords.  Like this? (but with the rests in the right place.)
Spoiler
[close]
Also sometimes the chords change part way through the bar rather than staying the same, like in bar 29.

Maelstrom

All fixed. I also noticed I wrote the rhythm slightly incorrectly in the final measure so that has been fixed and sounds better now.

I also completely rewrote the bassline for that section and it's much better now.

oh, and the DS no longer repeats infinitely

Latios212

Nice. I've been hearing a lot of this lately...

Notes:
- Is the first the lower dyad in m. 9 not supposed to be like the others?
- Hearing a Bb on top of the beat 4 chord in m. 21
- The bass figure at the end of m. 44 is misplaced (it should fall earlier, the Eb should play the same time as the Rb in right hand)
- Bass figure in beats 1-2 of the last measure should look like this (a wrong note, also you had the rhythm correct initially)

Visuals:
- Make the RH slur at the beginning not pop up so much
- Write the chord at the beginning of m. 21 like this:
- Align the pedal markings between m. 26-27
- Also make sure they're all a sufficient distance below the chords (m. 31 intersects, but I think they should all be lowered some)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

M9 is actually the same as m1, just like m13 is like m5.

everything else is fixed. I really should have triple checked for issues in the stuff I just wrote in ....

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Nice, just one thing left from me: I just double checked the sound test and this track is called: 'As Swift as Wind'.  I also made the same mistake as you when I was naming my files, which I suppose is because 'As Swift as the Wind' sounds more natural.  Still, it is what it is.

Maelstrom

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot