News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "A Guide for the Future" by Latios212

Started by Zeta, August 12, 2019, 05:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: A Guide for the Future
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

*stares at bulletin board with head tilted*

sound file link
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• m1-8 RH Layer 2: There is another lower string voice you could add, while still keeping the entire RH within an octave range.
  • m1-2, 5-6, 9-10, 13-14 LH: There should be an 8th note G (third ledger line above) on beat 3. If you want to reduce the clutter this will probably cause in 9-10 and 13-14, you can hide the 2nd layer rests on beats 2-3 since they're not completely necessary.
  • Libera's Three Houses sheets right now have "Koei Tecmo Games", while yours and Mael's have just "Koei Tecmo". Either is fine, but it should be standardized.

Cool sheet.

Latios212

Thanks!

- For the first thing I originally wasn't even sure if I wanted the lower string layer in, but I may as well add the lower thirds as I have it.
- Good catch, I put those in. Didn't want to hide the rests but I raised them a bit.
- Koei Tecmo Games sounds better to me; I think we should go with that but let me know otherwise.

Files updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Libera

Pedal markings? In one of Latios' arrangements?

Quote from: Static on August 14, 2019, 10:50:52 AMKoei Tecmo Games it is, then.

That's what it says on the credits, if I remember correctly.  Anyway, checking now:

-I think you're missing a Cn in the chord beat 2 in bar 20.
-The chord in bar 24 on beat 2 is the same as the similar chord in bar 20 but with the C changed to a B.  So the chord is currently missing a B and is in the wrong inversion.  You could just drop it down an octave rather than inverting it differently, but I can see the benefit in keeping it a bit higher.  Still I think you should probably put a B in somewhere in that chord.
-It might look a bit nicer with the dot slightly further away from the quaver in bar 21's right hand.

Looks sweet.

Latios212

Quote from: Libera on August 14, 2019, 02:44:49 PMPedal markings? In one of Latios' arrangements?
My general strategy is to only use them when I really want to be explicit about it, usually in pieces where there are staccato and sustained parts in close proximity. This is one of those times :P

Quote from: Libera on August 14, 2019, 02:44:49 PM-It might look a bit nicer with the dot slightly further away from the quaver in bar 21's right hand.
Ah yeah I had adjusted it already before but it's not quite good enough... I switched the positions of the lower and upper layers to alleviate this. This way you also get the continuity of the previous phrase ending on the D all the way on the left side of the measure too.

Quote from: Libera on August 14, 2019, 02:44:49 PM-I think you're missing a Cn in the chord beat 2 in bar 20.
-The chord in bar 24 on beat 2 is the same as the similar chord in bar 20 but with the C changed to a B.  So the chord is currently missing a B and is in the wrong inversion.  You could just drop it down an octave rather than inverting it differently, but I can see the benefit in keeping it a bit higher.  Still I think you should probably put a B in somewhere in that chord.
I think the piano's just playing an E7 chord in these bars. The Cn seems to be in another background layer and I really had to try to hear it; I think it'd be best to omit it because it doesn't fit well with the piano chord. For m. 24, I deliberately inverted the piano chord downwards so it wouldn't contain the same notes as the chord in the right hand (i.e. so that the E and B could be sustained). However, adding a B on the bottom of the chord sounds good to me.

Files updated! Thanks for looking.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta