NinSheetMusic Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Want to talk to aliens? Now you can! Join us for our next World Contact Day where we will teach you how to telepath messages with your mind, far beyond the norm.

Author Topic: [SWITCH] Fire Emblem: Three Houses - "A Guide for the Future" by Latios212  (Read 188 times)

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: A Guide for the Future
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Latios212
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:22:21 AM by Latios212 »

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

*stares at bulletin board with head tilted*

sound file link
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:58:51 AM by Latios212 »
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Updater
  • Sheik's Symphony
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

• m1-8 RH Layer 2: There is another lower string voice you could add, while still keeping the entire RH within an octave range.
  • m1-2, 5-6, 9-10, 13-14 LH: There should be an 8th note G (third ledger line above) on beat 3. If you want to reduce the clutter this will probably cause in 9-10 and 13-14, you can hide the 2nd layer rests on beats 2-3 since they're not completely necessary.
  • Libera's Three Houses sheets right now have "Koei Tecmo Games", while yours and Mael's have just "Koei Tecmo". Either is fine, but it should be standardized.

Cool sheet.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

Thanks!

- For the first thing I originally wasn't even sure if I wanted the lower string layer in, but I may as well add the lower thirds as I have it.
- Good catch, I put those in. Didn't want to hide the rests but I raised them a bit.
- Koei Tecmo Games sounds better to me; I think we should go with that but let me know otherwise.

Files updated!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

• Updater
  • Sheik's Symphony
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Email

Nice, Koei Tecmo Games it is, then. I will now approve.

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Sonic Ska
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Pedal markings? In one of Latios' arrangements?

Koei Tecmo Games it is, then.

That's what it says on the credits, if I remember correctly.  Anyway, checking now:

-I think you're missing a Cn in the chord beat 2 in bar 20.
-The chord in bar 24 on beat 2 is the same as the similar chord in bar 20 but with the C changed to a B.  So the chord is currently missing a B and is in the wrong inversion.  You could just drop it down an octave rather than inverting it differently, but I can see the benefit in keeping it a bit higher.  Still I think you should probably put a B in somewhere in that chord.
-It might look a bit nicer with the dot slightly further away from the quaver in bar 21's right hand.

Looks sweet.

Latios212

• NSM Overlord
  • Administrator
  • Nintendo Nocturne
  • Wheeeee™
    • View Profile
    • YouTube channel

Pedal markings? In one of Latios' arrangements?
My general strategy is to only use them when I really want to be explicit about it, usually in pieces where there are staccato and sustained parts in close proximity. This is one of those times :P

-It might look a bit nicer with the dot slightly further away from the quaver in bar 21's right hand.
Ah yeah I had adjusted it already before but it's not quite good enough... I switched the positions of the lower and upper layers to alleviate this. This way you also get the continuity of the previous phrase ending on the D all the way on the left side of the measure too.

-I think you're missing a Cn in the chord beat 2 in bar 20.
-The chord in bar 24 on beat 2 is the same as the similar chord in bar 20 but with the C changed to a B.  So the chord is currently missing a B and is in the wrong inversion.  You could just drop it down an octave rather than inverting it differently, but I can see the benefit in keeping it a bit higher.  Still I think you should probably put a B in somewhere in that chord.
I think the piano's just playing an E7 chord in these bars. The Cn seems to be in another background layer and I really had to try to hear it; I think it'd be best to omit it because it doesn't fit well with the piano chord. For m. 24, I deliberately inverted the piano chord downwards so it wouldn't contain the same notes as the chord in the right hand (i.e. so that the E and B could be sustained). However, adding a B on the bottom of the chord sounds good to me.

Files updated! Thanks for looking.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

• The Fastest
  • Updater
  • Sonic Ska
  • Triangles!
    • View Profile
    • Email

Everything checks out, accepting.

Zeta

• NSM Bot
  • Nintendo Nocturne
    • View Profile

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.