[GBA] Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - "Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, August 18, 2019, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Fire Emblem
Game: Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Latios212

There's a sustained C# in the first measure that I think would be good to write in as beat 1 in the right hand.

I'm not sure the slurred staccato'd A's work particularly well in m. 3-4. It feels pretty different than everywhere else in the song and I think it might feel more natural if you just kept it as a sustained A in m. 3. You could also try writing in the countermelody in the second half of m. 4.

Other than that, looks pretty good. I think the fifth in m. 19 might be better as a third (G on bottom), and that the LH might appreciate a whole note A in m. 12 like the ones before it.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Concerning m12 - The note is actually a C#. I left it out intentionally as it either muddies the melody in a way not present in the original or sounds really out of place if it drops an octave.

I took out the slurs and staccatos, but I want the notes in as present. For me, it's one of the more distinctive parts of the song and the phrase I remembered it by when playing the game.

C# added in m1 and m19 was changed.

files updated

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Looks pretty good, just a few things:

-Do we really need the specificity of the quaver rest at the end of bars 14, 16, 18 and 20?  It seems a little cumbersome to me.
-Why not include the little fanfare at the end of bar 4?  Like this, maybe?
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
-Dns rather than Fns in bar 2's left hand?
-FEH Tap Battle calls this track 'Beyond Distant Skies - Roy's Departure' which is probably the closest we're going to get to an official source, since that comes directly from IS.

Maelstrom

Libera

Zeta