Game: Harvest Moon
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Winter
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Code_Name_Geek

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Code_Name_Geek

It's been a little while, but I'm back with more Harvest Moon!

A note about this sheet: I've intentionally left out the bass voice in the A section for the sake of playability. I think the waltz accompaniment is more important to the overall feel of the song, so that's what I went with. That being said I'm open to suggestions if anyone has a better way to incorporate that bass voice!

Libera

This looks pretty good to me.  Other than the articulations, the only thing I can see is that I think beat 2, bar 16 in the left hand should be a minim like it is in bar 8.

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Libera on August 26, 2019, 04:41:56 PMThis looks pretty good to me.  Other than the articulations, the only thing I can see is that I think beat 2, bar 16 in the left hand should be a minim like it is in bar 8.
Oops you are totally right, fixed!!

Libera

Good good.  It's got my approval, although I'll need to sort out the articulations at the end.

Latios212

Very nice! Just a few small things:
- m. 23 should sustain a half note D in the melody (only the middle layer dips down to C).
- Did you intentionally change the bass (lowest layer) in m. 18/19/23/24?
- Augmentation dot should be raised in 28 to not collide with the lower layer note. (Actually, that overlapping eighth note should be a E instead.)
- In the last couple of measures it sounds to me like the descending E-C-A are in the upper voice while the lower voice (A) is sustained. Did you write that differently on purpose?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on August 30, 2019, 04:28:54 PMVery nice! Just a few small things:
- m. 23 should sustain a half note D in the melody (only the middle layer dips down to C).
- Did you intentionally change the bass (lowest layer) in m. 18/19/23/24?
- Augmentation dot should be raised in 28 to not collide with the lower layer note. (Actually, that overlapping eighth note should be a E instead.)
- In the last couple of measures it sounds to me like the descending E-C-A are in the upper voice while the lower voice (A) is sustained. Did you write that differently on purpose?
I went over it again and you're absolutely right on all of those, thanks! About the bass thing, I think I had the wrong notes for that entire 8 bar section so what I have now should be exactly the same as the original. (I also moved the middle voice to the right hand to account for that.)

For the two bars (m. 23-24) where the middle voice goes to the left hand for reach reasons, should I put those voice crossing lines (not sure what the proper term is) to make that more clear?

Latios212

Quote from: Code_Name_Geek on September 05, 2019, 10:17:25 AMFor the two bars (m. 23-24) where the middle voice goes to the left hand for reach reasons, should I put those voice crossing lines (not sure what the proper term is) to make that more clear?
Yes, a cross-staffed dotted line will do just fine :P

Everything else looks awesome! Last comment - with the A in both layers in the last measure and being tied in one it's a bit ambiguous as to whether or not it should be played (I think your intention is to play it). You could forego the tie and lower layer note, although it's fine as is - just an option.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Latios212 on September 07, 2019, 08:52:36 AMYes, a cross-staffed dotted line will do just fine :P

Everything else looks awesome! Last comment - with the A in both layers in the last measure and being tied in one it's a bit ambiguous as to whether or not it should be played (I think your intention is to play it). You could forego the tie and lower layer note, although it's fine as is - just an option.
Added the dotted line! I only put one for the transition from RH to LH, since when it goes back to the RH it's a new phrase.

I considered taking out the lower layer note, since that is probably how I would play it, but decided to leave it in so that the choice is up to the performer. It was worth considering though, thanks!

Latios212

All sounds good :) leaving my approval, Libera you can go ahead and get the articulations and accept.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot