News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[GBA] Banjo-Pilot - "Lava Track" by Jack

Started by Zeta, September 02, 2019, 04:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Banjo-Kazooie
Game: Banjo-Pilot
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Lava Track
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jack

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jack

I feel like I messed up something very simple for this sheet . . .

Anyway, since I have Notepad, I'll have to have a little formatting help.
 - I tried to copy and paste the music into the NSM template to get the mini-titles on subsequent pages, but too much got messed up
 - Lots of overlapping junk when I have multiple voices

Thank you in (game boy) advance :)
 - Jack

Latios212

Quote from: Jack on September 02, 2019, 04:35:07 PMI feel like I messed up something very simple for this sheet . . .
What do you mean? Something in particular?

Anyway, a few passing comments (we'll get to formatting in a bit) -
- I think the key signature would be better off as E minor
- The offbeat thirds you have written in at the beginning (G-B) sound more like open fifths (E-B) to me
- Consider playability as well as sound - having both hands play in the low bass register and overlap in the second to last system on page 2 won't play easily nor sound good
-
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Jack

Quote from: Latios212 on September 07, 2019, 09:57:55 AMWhat do you mean? Something in particular?
Ah - it was a dynamic marking, but I quickly edited the files once I remembered.

Everything's been changed - there are sure to be lots more edits so I just changed it in the .mus file for now.
Quote from: Latios212 on September 07, 2019, 09:57:55 AM- Consider playability as well as sound - having both hands play in the low bass register and overlap in the second to last system on page 2 won't play easily nor sound good
I moved it an octave up - sounds good, more playable

Latios212

Cool cool. This looks like a pretty solid arrangement, I'll get back to you shortly with formatted files

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Latios212

Doing some formatting for you now. Some things I noticed that are included in these here files:
- Sharps were missing on some notes, like the G# in m. 12
- A# should be spelled as Bb (flatted 9th, centered around A) similar to how Fn is used for the other melodic phrases
- Rest positions are a bit wonky, and also in this sheet it would be best if they were always shown
- m. 25-27 (and 51-53) bass was wrong
- m. 29/55 beat 2 (layer 2) should be An instead of G#

Other than that, looks great! Please have a look and review the fixes.

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Jack

Libera

Looks great, the only thing I can see is that since we're being so meticulous with note lengths, the E in bar 57 is a semibreve rather than a minim.  Since you can't edit the musx I'll just make that tiny change for you.  If you're happy with that change then I'll accept this.

Jack

I'm very happy with this! Thanks for your help and for a speedy submission process.

Libera

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Libera.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot