Game: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Tearing Through Heaven (Rain)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Libera

[attachment deleted by admin]

Libera

Latios212

yesssss, super glad to see this one. It's got an incredible melody and a killer backing to it

- m. 53: I think I'm hearing a repeated A instead of the Fx
- m. 66, 70, 74: I definitely hear the melody as descending here so I think the top note on each of these final triads should be inverted down.
- I think personally I would use B minor for the section roughly around m. 82-107. That would clean up accidentals quite a bit and make it easier to read as currently written it's out of key for quite a while
- I'm hearing this for the melody in m. 109-112. Pretty sure about m. 109-110, less so about 111.
You cannot view this attachment.
- I'm kinda hearing B# instead of C# on top of the last chord(s)

That's all I got. Super neat sheet!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Libera

Quote from: Latios212 on October 06, 2019, 02:23:41 PM- I'm hearing this for the melody in m. 109-112. Pretty sure about m. 109-110, less so about 111.
You cannot view this attachment.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, you're suggesting three changes (bar 109 beat 3.5, bar 110 beat 2.5 and bar 111 beat 4.5).  I'm now struggling to make out the note on beat 3.5 in bar 109, but I think it makes sense since it's quoting The Edge of Dawn here to go with what you've written.  The other two changes I disagree with; I still hear them as I have them.  There's another part playing an F on bar 110 (beat 2.5) that I can hear, but the F on beat 4.5 in bar 111 definitely sounds higher than the previous note to me.  Also, the way I have it now makes the first 2.5 bars a direct The Edge of Dawn quotation, which I think makes sense.

Everything else should be fixed, thanks for checking!

Latios212

Alrighty sounds good. There's a lot going on there so it could be me just prioritizing the notes wrong mentally. Agree it makes sense to go with the Edge of Dawn quotation here.

Big approve!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

m110+11 RH
I hear this

all these sets of 3 eighth notes being beamed together makes me uncomfortable as they look like triplets at a passing glance. Also beaming over rests with 8th notes like in the first 3 systems. If you want to keep it, thats fine. I just can't not mention it.

Visual stuff
Can you align the cresc+piano in m11?
m64 - cresc is coliding with the tie. it's mostly aligned with the FF in m 65 so don't ruin that in the process

Great arrangement btw

Libera

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 20, 2019, 03:34:45 PMm110+11 RH
I hear this

There's a lot of different layers here, all playing slightly different notes.  I decided to go with taking a direct quotation from The Edge of Dawn (which there are definitely parts playing) from bar 108 to beat 3.5 in bar 110.  I think that's the most sensible thing to go with here.  Also I was following the piano after that which I don't hear playing a note on beat 4 of bar 111.

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 20, 2019, 03:34:45 PMall these sets of 3 eighth notes being beamed together makes me uncomfortable as they look like triplets at a passing glance. Also beaming over rests with 8th notes like in the first 3 systems. If you want to keep it, thats fine. I just can't not mention it.

After discussion with yourself and Latios I decided to change the beaming on the last page, but I've left the opening's beaming untouched.

The other visual things should have been fixed as well, thanks for checking!

Maelstrom

Zeta