News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Halloween 2k19 Update

Started by Latios212, October 01, 2019, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latios212

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 14, 2019, 06:05:02 AMThere's more hidden rests in the sheet than what you mentioned here. Wouldn't you rather have me keep them hidden, and flip the notes back to their proper positions manually?
For m. 21, sure. For m. 13/22, I'd recommend showing the rest because those are the only places where the second layer isn't written in as part of the first layer.

Quote from: Static on October 14, 2019, 04:17:58 PMStatic - The Witch's House - Rumor
Added dynamics and added back the 3rd layer in m22-23. I chose not to add the top guitar voice in m22-end since I want to keep this arrangement relatively simple and include all the harmonies; I would have to leave out some string voices in spots to add the guitar.
Okay, sounds good!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2019, 04:46:17 PMOkay, sounds good!
I also went and fixed up the stem directions for m23-24 since I had everything flipped down unnecessarily.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on October 14, 2019, 04:46:17 PMFor m. 21, sure. For m. 13/22, I'd recommend showing the rest because those are the only places where the second layer isn't written in as part of the first layer.

Okay, then it's done!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Latios212

Quote from: Zeila on October 14, 2019, 03:52:34 PMI also updated Bad End, here are the links for convenience once again:
Bad End
Cool. Looks awesome, I just adjusted the ties and spacing between staves a bit to clean up the chords.

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 14, 2019, 04:57:29 PMOkay, then it's done!
Awesome.

Levi - A Requiem
Levi - Stage 2
Accepted

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeila

Quote from: Static on October 14, 2019, 04:17:58 PMZeila - Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon - Battle! (Team Skull Boss)
Listening again, I can't say I know where I got that rhythm from either now. Now, I'm just hearing what you have. I think just the fact that it's not quite an even triplet threw me off. The only other thing I would change at this point is to make the "and" in the subtitle "&" instead to match the other Pokémon sheets.
Done

Static

Zeila - Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon - Battle! (Team Skull Boss)
Quote from: Zeila on October 14, 2019, 05:33:10 PMDone

Looks great!

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PM- If you want those specified measures played 8vb, just go for it and put in those markings. No need to have a little text box.
- Have the tied D restrike in m6; there's no way that sound is going to carry for that long even with the pedal held, since it'll be washed out by the RH and other LH stuff.
- I would try to avoid having that large 16th note jump in m13 RH. The ones in m17-25 LH work well because the intervals are only 5ths, but this one is a 7th. I'd just remove the lower note.
- I would try to keep the rhythms across the hands looking similar, for ease of reading. I would replace the double dotted quarters with quarters tied to dotted 8ths, for example.
- m24 beat 4: I would just make the last note in both of these a 16th note followed by an 8th rest.
Fixed.

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PM- The Ds in between measures in m5-8 should restrike like m38-41; there shouldn't be any ties.
...you see kids, this is what happens when you transcribe a SNES song and only listen to one channel. Don't be like me.

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PM- m12 beat 4 LH: These F#s should be F naturals (m16 is F#s though).
So, I checked this, and while the first F# is just that, the second one is F? Which is confusing because there's another part which plays an F#-D-F# cadence as well during that measure.

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PM- m17 beat 1 LH: The D isn't actually there, it's just 2 8th note Gs an octave apart.
Yes and no. The bass part doesn't include the G there, but there's a piano part that does. I've based the LH for this section off of the piano part.

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PMThe other updaters have just been busy with other stuff, but don't worry, we'll make sure everything makes it in the update!
I kinda figured - just wanted to mention in just in case.

QuoteSuper Castlevania IV [SNES]
"Simon Belmont's Theme"MUSMUSXMIDIPDFOriginal

Latios212

Quote from: Static on October 04, 2019, 05:56:37 PMAwesomeYears - Deadly Premonition - The Woods and the Goddess
- Missing dynamics. They could be especially useful in this particular piece.
- To keep the beaming and rhythms consistent, I would write m5 LH (and any measure like it) like m44 LH. This also applies to places like m15.
- m30: Tie should be flipped up so it isn't too close to the 2nd layer in m31 (same applies to m86-87).
- m72: Half rest in layer 2 should be 2 quarter rests.
- m73, 82, 84: The pedal markings in these measures are touching the stems of the LH notes.
- Is there a reason why there are no pedal markings in the Coda?
- You should separate your Coda section on a new indented line.
- Some of the arpeggio markings are too close to notes/barlines.
- The final fermata is clashing with the note. LH should have a fermata too.
- The copyright info is too small and doesn't need to be on every page.
- Since it looks like you use NotePad, I made most of these changes for you here, plus some additional formatting adjustments. Any musical changes, like dynamics, pedaling, etc. I'm leaving to you.
Hey AwesomeYears, I was looking this over recently (really cool song btw, glad you introduced me to it!) and I think this would be much better with the note durations halved, and using a 6/8 time signature (with the occasional 3/8 bar). Doing so would:
- make the tempo a more reasonable pace for a song like this
- more clearly demonstrate where the phrases are, and resultantly where to pedal
- highlight the irregularities in the song's structure (the 3/8 bars)

It's a pretty big overhaul but I think it would make the sheet much nicer to read. Here's what it would look like:
You cannot view this attachment.

Also, you don't need a new pedal marking for every single measure. It's easy enough to imply the pedaling that you want especially with the above change. But you do need dynamics!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 15, 2019, 05:54:12 PM...you see kids, this is what happens when you transcribe a SNES song and only listen to one channel. Don't be like me.
To be fair, there is another channel where that note is tied, but the overall sound you get with all channels is a constant stream of notes.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 15, 2019, 05:54:12 PMSo, I checked this, and while the first F# is just that, the second one is F? Which is confusing because there's another part which plays an F#-D-F# cadence as well during that measure.
Ah yeah I hear that first F# now. But I agree that the Fn is weird, so I'm fine with you leaving it, especially since like you said, it's covered in another part.

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 15, 2019, 05:54:12 PMYes and no. The bass part doesn't include the G there, but there's a piano part that does. I've based the LH for this section off of the piano part.
Ah, I assumed you were just going with the bass part for most of this sheet. This makes more sense now.

Quote from: Static on October 13, 2019, 01:38:43 PM- I would try to keep the rhythms across the hands looking similar, for ease of reading. I would replace the double dotted quarters with quarters tied to dotted 8ths, for example.
This remains unaddressed in the files you posted.

Edit:
One more quick thing - since you added the 8vb markings, you don't need the little message at the bottom of the first page anymore.

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Static on October 15, 2019, 08:16:48 PMThis remains unaddressed in the files you posted.
Whoops, misread your earlier post. Fixed.

Static

Quote from: Yug_Guy on October 15, 2019, 08:24:55 PMWhoops, misread your earlier post. Fixed.
Cool, I shall approve now.

Static

Here's another sheet. It looks intimidating, but it's very repetitive. I have one more that may or may not be finished tomorrow, but probably not.

[PC] Grief Syndrome - "Gertrud's Stage Theme"

(There are no official track names so I titled it something common.)

I am stupid; this is a fangame, so I'm rescinding this sheet. I'll replace it with this one instead:

[GBA] Mother 3 - "Murasaki Forest"

Code_Name_Geek

Quote from: Static on October 11, 2019, 01:55:12 PM- This looks great! The harmonies are all correct; this piece only uses 2 chords (A minor and E major).
- m13-28 looks good in terms of how you layered everything, its perfectly playable. I would space apart the staves more so the lower notes in the RH aren't so close to the bottom staff.
- There are indeed some extra harmonies in m5-12. If you can't hear the specific notes clearly, I would just go by the chords I mentioned above and it'll end up creating the sound I think you're going for.
Thanks for the feedback! I fixed the spacing and added some harmonies to m. 5-12 that I think are pretty close to the sound of the original.

Updated files: [MUSX] [MUS] [PDF] [MIDI] [Original]

(And sorry for the delay on this, turns out an October snowstorm + widespread power outages is bad for productivity!)

Trasdegi

... Almost too late, but I tried to arrange something:

----Zero Escape : Virtue's Last Reward----

"Portentousness":
[PDF][MUS][MUSX][MID][MSCZ][Original]

(Probably contains mistakes, since I haven't arranged anything for ages)

Libera

Quote from: LeviR.star on October 11, 2019, 03:02:23 PM- you're right; the LH articulations are definitely present, and I must've forgotten to add them in my first draft. Added.

Looks great, accepted!

Latios - Twilight Princess - Battle (Second Half)

Similarly looks great, accepted.

Also, I might as well throw this small sheet in because otherwise it will never end up on site.

Vs. Nightmare