[GBA] Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga - "Beanbean Castle" (Replacement) by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, November 11, 2019, 06:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Beanbean Castle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

I had a quick chat with Sebastian lately and he gave me permission to make edits and submit his sheets for him since he's been busy. There's a lot of good stuff he has just sitting around; I'm starting off with a couple of replacements to help the site.

(I've gone through this and call it good)
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Notes look good but I disagree with some of the articulations.
  • All the 8th notes in m1-2, 5-6 RH should be staccato except on beat 4.
  • m2 LH beat 3: This quarter note should be tenuto to better distinguish it from all the other staccato quarter notes. Right now, it's really easy to just overlook it (or even think it's a mistake). Likewise, the LH quarter notes on beat 3 of m4, 6, and 8 should also be tenuto.
  • m4 RH beat 3.5 should be staccato.
  • For those 16th note runs on beat 2 of m10, 12, 14, and 16, I think the top note of the scale should be played instead of going back to the lower octave. I know the bass plays there too, but it sounds weird when the top note is cut off. Or alternatively, add the top note to the RH and keep the LH the same.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Looks great, and the new measure distribution that we talked about looks good as well. Accepted.

Zeta