News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Battle Mode" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, October 23, 2019, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Mario Kart
Game: Mario Kart DS
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Battle Mode
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Surprise, another Mario Kart DS sheet! This one went through numerous phases of re-working until I was satisifed with the grace notes, harmonies, and octave placement of the LH within each measure. But like all of my challenge sheets, it's far from perfect, so I'll hear any advice on how to clean this up.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

What a shame the only non-extended version of this has the engine noise...
  • m3 LH beat 4: The first 8th note should be a 16th and the 2nd should be a dotted 8th.
  • m17 LH: I hear this measure like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • m19-20 RH: I would move the right end 2nd (from the top) tie to line up with the 3rd tie.
  • m23: For the RH, I would make the C grace note an 8th note (make the F before it an 8th note also), and then leave the F and G# (which should be an Ab by the way) as grace notes. For the LH, the F and D on beat 3 should just be 2 16th notes right on beat 3.
  • m24 RH beat 2.5: You should just write this as a staccato 8th note to reduce clutter.
  • You can space the last system normally, I don't think it looks out of place that way. Up to you though.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Static on November 16, 2019, 12:49:53 PMWhat a shame the only non-extended version of this has the engine noise...
  • m3 LH beat 4: The first 8th note should be a 16th and the 2nd should be a dotted 8th.
  • m17 LH: I hear this measure like this:
    Spoiler
    [close]
  • m19-20 RH: I would move the right end 2nd (from the top) tie to line up with the 3rd tie.
  • m23: For the RH, I would make the C grace note an 8th note (make the F before it an 8th note also), and then leave the F and G# (which should be an Ab by the way) as grace notes. For the LH, the F and D on beat 3 should just be 2 16th notes right on beat 3.
  • m24 RH beat 2.5: You should just write this as a staccato 8th note to reduce clutter.
  • You can space the last system normally, I don't think it looks out of place that way. Up to you though.

- got it, will change
- sure sounds weird now, but then again, so does the entire song, so I'll fix
- I agree, it'll look nicer that way
- read you loud and clear
- looks better to me like that
- sure, I'll move it back to the right

Files updated.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Static

Latios212

This is pretty nice! The playback makes the arrangement sound kind of wonky but I think that's just Finale. It's slightly strange to see the left hand accompaniment move up and down the lower half of the piano in different parts but I don't have any specific suggestions after looking at it a bit. It gets a thumbs up from me.

Just a few very slight visual things:
- Move the slur in m. 18 away from the flat
- Move the gliss. in m. 22 slightly away from the left D
- Move the left end of the slur on the grace notes in m. 23 down a bit

Also I'd personally make the first system two measures instead of the last since it's shortened slightly, but that's up to you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Quote from: Latios212 on November 16, 2019, 02:24:49 PMJust a few very slight visual things:
- Move the slur in m. 18 away from the flat
- Move the gliss. in m. 22 slightly away from the left D
- Move the left end of the slur on the grace notes in m. 23 down a bit

Also I'd personally make the first system two measures instead of the last since it's shortened slightly, but that's up to you.

Good ideas, I should have noticed them. Files updated again!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot