News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[SWITCH] Luigi's Mansion 3 - "Main Theme" by Jordan Knapp

Started by Zeta, November 06, 2019, 07:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Luigi's Mansion 3
Console: Nintendo Switch
Title: Main Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jordan Knapp

[attachment deleted by admin]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Static

Looks really nice! Very clean sheet here.
  • Is there a reason there's no courtesy accidentals for m5 LH? I think it's fine that way, but I wanted to ask since you have them in a lot of other places.
  • m22 LH: The parentheses on beat 2 should be spaced around the accidental like in m27.
  • m23 RH: The end of the slur should be moved to the left a bit to match the others.
  • m38 RH: I would adjust the end of this slur so it doesn't touch the tie.
  • m53: I would move the pp just a bit to the left so its more in line with that first 16th note.

Edit: Next Level Games should be added to the copyright info, since they developed it.

SlowPokemon

I'll make all of those changes (including the courtesy accidentals m, which was an oversight). Thanks! Just two questions:

1. Formatting — I thought it was only the publisher we needed for the copyright? Or is it also the developer?

2. After playing the sheet myself, I think the repeat transition is a little awkward with a B-sharp1 leading into a C-sharp3 because of the octave leap. Do you think for pianistic reasons it would be acceptable to, on the first beat of the first measure, add an octave C-sharp below the initial pitch, without changing the other downbeats? The octave sonority on the downbeat of each measure in the first part strikes me as overly heavy for the character of the piece, but maybe it would be okay if it was only on the first measure, to make that voice leading more elegant. Or should I take the final measure up an octave? What's your recommended action here?

Static

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 12, 2019, 07:45:17 AM1. Formatting — I thought it was only the publisher we needed for the copyright? Or is it also the developer?
The formatting guidelines only say you need the publisher, but I always thought it was common practice to include the developer too since they're the ones who actually made the game, to an extent. That's just how I personally think about it. Feel free to leave it as is, but I would recommend adding the develper.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 12, 2019, 07:45:17 AM2. After playing the sheet myself, I think the repeat transition is a little awkward with a B-sharp1 leading into a C-sharp3 because of the octave leap. Do you think for pianistic reasons it would be acceptable to, on the first beat of the first measure, add an octave C-sharp below the initial pitch, without changing the other downbeats? The octave sonority on the downbeat of each measure in the first part strikes me as overly heavy for the character of the piece, but maybe it would be okay if it was only on the first measure, to make that voice leading more elegant. Or should I take the final measure up an octave? What's your recommended action here?
I would probably add the lower note for the first measure, but add some text that says something like "only play this note on the repeat" and likewise for the top note on the first run. Or just use the lower note. I don't think both octaves should be played at the same time in this piece at least.

SlowPokemon

Maelstrom

Honestly, I can't find any issue with this at all. Fantastic job.

approved

InsigTurtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by InsigTurtle.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot