[SCD] Sonic the Hedgehog CD - "Stardust Speedway Bad Future (JP)" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, November 20, 2019, 09:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Console: Sega CD
Title: Stardust Speedway Bad Future (JP)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

The chords in the intro seem a little off-tune in the original, so if someone could re-evaluate my pitches for them, that would be awesome. Thanks!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

LeviR.star

Hey, everybody; this sheet still exists, so I thought it would be a good idea to re-do the system distribution across all 3 pages. Just thought it'd be a nice thing to get out of the way. ;)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Libera

Sorry for the wait on this one, checking now!

-Regarding the opening chords, yeah they're slightly sharp I think.  The best approximation I can see is F-B-F for the first chord and then Gb-Bb-Gb for the other one.
-In the bass for the first four bars, the An on beat 4 actually comes in on beat 3.75.  This also holds for the final eight bars as well.
-For the chords in 9-16, the top note seems to always be an En (rather than a G for half of them.)  Also, I think there's a Cn in those Em chords also.
-For the crazy voice thing, it looks pretty good except for that I think there should be an An semiquaver on beat 3 of bars 18/20 before the Bn.  (You can keep the Dn grace if you want to.)
-Instead of just sustaining those 7 chords in the final eight bars, here's a suggestion to try and mimic the sirens rhythm and create a little bit more interest at the end:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
You could also add the siren pitch in if you want to (it's an A).

And that's about it!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Libera on January 18, 2020, 03:31:47 PMSorry for the wait on this one, checking now!

-Regarding the opening chords, yeah they're slightly sharp I think.  The best approximation I can see is F-B-F for the first chord and then Gb-Bb-Gb for the other one.
-In the bass for the first four bars, the An on beat 4 actually comes in on beat 3.75.  This also holds for the final eight bars as well.
-For the chords in 9-16, the top note seems to always be an En (rather than a G for half of them.)  Also, I think there's a Cn in those Em chords also.
-For the crazy voice thing, it looks pretty good except for that I think there should be an An semiquaver on beat 3 of bars 18/20 before the Bn.  (You can keep the Dn grace if you want to.)
-Instead of just sustaining those 7 chords in the final eight bars, here's a suggestion to try and mimic the sirens rhythm and create a little bit more interest at the end:
Spoiler
You cannot view this attachment.
[close]
You could also add the siren pitch in if you want to (it's an A).

And that's about it!

Made some changes over Discord with Libera. Thanks!

Libera

Nice.  Also, welcome to the v26 crew.  I'll fix the articulations after it's accepted, or just before if whichever updater warns me.

mastersuperfan

I think there was some discussion years ago where some people were saying that you shouldn't shrink note size as an indicator for dynamics, and that it should be reserved for optional notes instead. I think the decreased note size in m11/12/15/16 might confuse players as to what exactly you mean, and the mezzo piano is probably sufficient to indicate that the chords are to be played quietly. But it doesn't matter much either way in the end.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Latios212

I generally don't have a problem with it, but in this case I think it would be simplest and most straightforward if they were just normal size because sd MSF said, the dynamic should suffice to differentiate it from the surrounding parts.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

I think here I had the idea that shrinking those chords actually implied that they didn't have to be played, because A) they're not really part of the melody, B) they're pretty soft in the original, and C) it's a quick jump back up to A5 if you do decide to play them.

What do you guys think?

mastersuperfan

I think that's fine, but in that case, you might consider explicitly clarifying it with an "optional" above the RH just to avoid confusion.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

LeviR.star

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 19, 2020, 12:43:10 PMI think that's fine, but in that case, you might consider explicitly clarifying it with an "optional" above the RH just to avoid confusion.

Done and done.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LeviR.star

Libera

Zeta